Ka Ni Kanichihk Inc.
Employment Opportunities – Full Time
Coordinator -Heart Medicine Lodge
About the Role
In this role, you will be responsible for the coordination and delivery of the Heart Medicine Lodge program. Heart Medicine Lodge is an essential and unique Indigenous-led program that provides culturally-based support and advocacy services for Indigenous women, and those who identify as women, who have experienced sexual assault and/or sexual violence.
Our Ideal Candidate
Is someone who is culturally competent, and committed to the strengths and values of Indigenous knowledge, cultural reclamation, and traditional practices. You are supportive of Ka Ni Kanichihk’s values and beliefs.
What We Need
We are seeking someone who can design and deliver culturally responsive education curricula for youth and adults on a variety of sexual and reproductive health and justice issues. We need someone who has experience and the knowhow, to create and promote an open and safe space for dialogue about sexual violence. This person has a sound understanding of anti-oppressive frameworks, and deeply understands Indigenous economic, cultural, and political environments. This person has experience overseeing the delivery of culturally safe programming for survivors of sexual violence. The ideal candidate is someone who is comfortable working with Elders, and has experience with arranging ceremonies. This person has an in-depth knowledge of advocacy services, and community resources and is not afraid to advocate for program participants.
What You Bring
- You have a deep understanding and experience working with issues around sexuality, reproductive justice, sexual violence and gender-based violence.
- You have post-secondary education in a related field and three (3) years’ experience working in the Indigenous community, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- You have demonstrated success with program development and delivery, including successfully managing a budget, and have done program evaluations.
- You have experience supervising a diverse team. You work well with others; you know when to lead, and when to serve.
- You have successfully facilitated group work, and have effective problem-solving, and team-building skills.
- You are very good at prioritizing your work, and can juggle multiply task and have good time management skills.
- You are a great communicator, and can present clear information verbally and written.
- You are computer literate in the most current and relevant software programs.
- • And you have a good understanding of adult and youth education principles.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Ka Ni Kanichihk employees enjoy:
- Comprehensive Benefits including Health and Dental
- Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Employer Contributed RRSP
- Employee and Family Assistance
- Training and Development opportunities
- Free on-site parking
- Employee appreciation events
Candidates are required to provide a current Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Registry Check, a valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle, and a driver’s abstract.
Ka Ni Kanichihk is committed to achieving employment equity; therefore candidates are encouraged to indicate in their covering letter if they are of Indigenous ancestry.
The posting will remain open until filled with first review of applications being Wednesday, April 17, 2019.
Please send the following in on attachment: Resume, Cover Letter, and three work related references to:
Human Resources Administrator
Ka Ni Kanichihk Inc.
455 McDermot Ave.
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3A 0B6
E-mail: fpasquarelli at kanikanichihk.ca