Ka Ni Kanichihk Inc.
Program Mentor (Mentor for Women) - Root Connections
Full-time- 1 year Term
Ka Ni Kanichihk Inc. Is a nonprofit, community based; Indigenous lead human services organization that provides a range of Indigenous identified programs and services that focus on the wholeness, wellness and that builds on the strengths and resilience of Indigenous People.
About the Role
Ka Ni Kanichihk is seeking a Program Mentor who will be responsible for mentoring and supporting Indigenous female youth ages 12- 17 who are involved in the criminal justice system in Winnipeg.
We are looking for someone who has a commitment to the strengths and values of Indigenous knowledge, cultural reclamation, and traditional practices. You have a strong working knowledge of and experience in the Wraparound service delivery approach, and experience working with at risk Indigenous youth. You possess excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills, and in addition have experience in program administration including case management, meeting with collateral agencies, and writing reports. You should be organized and have the ability to plan and coordinate weekly engagement activities that provide positive recreational and social opportunities for program participants.
What You Bring:
- Relevant post-secondary education, or combination of education and relevant experience
- Two (2) years’ experience working with Indigenous youth
- Experience working with high risk populations
- Experience in crisis counselling, and outreach, and knowledge of traditional healing practices
- Knowledge of local community resources
- Knowledge in community development and advocacy
- Strong understanding of trauma informed care and strength-based approaches
- Knowledge, identification and assessment of risk factors
- Strong morals, ethics, and boundaries along with a commitment to confidentiality
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office
- Must be prepared to work 40 hours a week with flexible hours including days, some weekends, and some evenings
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Ka Ni Kanichihk employees enjoy:
- Training and Development opportunities
- Free on-site parking
- Employee appreciation events
- Candidates must provide a current Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Registry Check, and have a valid driver’s license, and a driver’s abstract. You must have access to a reliable vehicle. Ka Ni Kanichihk is committed to achieving employment equity; therefore candidates are encouraged to indicate in their covering letter if they are of Indigenous ancestry.
Please send the following in on attachment: Resume, Cover Letter, and three work related references to:
Human Resources Administrator
Ka Ni Kanichihk Inc.
455 McDermot Ave.
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3A 0B6
E-mail: fpasquarelli at kanikanichihk.ca
A review of applications will begin immediately with a closing date of Friday, April 12, 2019.
Ka Ni Kanichihk thanks all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.