Ka Ni Kanichihk Inc.
Wahkohtowin - Strengthening Families Program
Group Mentor Part-time Position (25-33 hrs/week)
Ka Ni Kanichihk Inc. Is a nonprofit, community based; Indigenous lead human services organization that provides a range of Indigenous identified programs and services that focus on the wholeness, wellness and that builds on the strengths and resilience of Indigenous People.
Wahkohtowin is a family based outreach program that engages youth between the ages of 11-17, and their families, who are facing systemic challenges and barriers. The program focuses on strengthening family bonds and promoting positive communication and the ability to jointly solve problems.
About the Role:
Ka Ni Kanichihk is seeking a passionate creative supporter who will work as part of a team of professionals and under guidance from the Project Manager and Site Coordinator, and in collaboration with other Youth and Adult Group Mentors. You will review and deliver curriculum faithfully to ensure fidelity; conduct home visits; carry out appropriate record keeping functions including case notes and data collection; and provide ongoing contact and support for program participants. The Adult Mentor supports adults learning essential parenting skills.
What You Bring
- Post-Secondary education in Child and Youth Care field, adult education, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Demonstrated experience supporting families;
- Commitment to the strengths and values of Indigenous knowledge, cultural reclamation and traditional healing practices;
- Experience working in the Indigenous community;
- Ability to plan and facilitate group sessions;
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills;
- Ability to create and edit project documents, materials, presentations, and case notes;
- Proven team player who demonstrates flexibility and adaptability;
- Strong organizational skills, computer proficiency, professional work behaviour;
- Must be respectful, sensitive, and responsive to gender, race, ethnicity, socio-economic status and sexual orientation as demonstrated in ability to communicate and interact with other staff, parents/guardians and youth;
- Exemplify the qualities of honesty, integrity, fairness, empathy, patience and trustworthiness when dealing with youth and their families;
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Ka Ni Kanichihk employees enjoy:
- Comprehensive Benefits including Health and Dental
- Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Employee and Family Assistance
- Training and Development opportunities
- Free on-site parking
- Employee appreciation events
Candidates are required to provide a current Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Registry Check, a valid driver’s license, and a driver’s abstract. You must have access to a reliable vehicle.
Ka Ni Kanichihk is committed to achieving employment equity; therefore candidates are encouraged to indicate in their covering letter if they are of Indigenous ancestry.
Please send the following in on attachment: Resume, Cover Letter, and three work related references to:
Human Resources Administrator
Ka Ni Kanichihk Inc.
455 McDermot Ave.
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3A 0B6
E-mail: fpasquarelli at kanikanichihk.ca
This posting will remain open until position is filled with an on-going review of applications.
Ka Ni Kanichihk thanks all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.