Santropol Roulant uses food as a vehicle to break social isolation between generations. Creatively and collaboratively, we strengthen and nourish our local community with our novel approaches to active community engagement, youth leadership, food security and social inclusion.
The Roulant's staff is young and dynamic with job descriptions and responsibilities that sometimes exceed their experience. As such, opportunities to learn and grow are key benefits of working at Santropol Roulant. Our working culture supports staff members in developing the skills required to ensure that our collective impact matches organizational and personal aspirations.
About the Position
Santropol Roulant is looking for an organized and positive person to join our team as a part-time Fundraising Administrator Assistant to support our fundraising team during our Fundraising director's maternity leave. The candidate will contribute their energy toward building and sustaining strong connections with Santropol Roulant’s donors. They will gain fundraising experience in the context of a community organization, and become familiar with a diverse funding base.
- Maintain contact database on Salseforce of funders and partners
- Process direct deposits and ensure they are properly tracked in accounting and entered into Salseforce (Moneris, Paypal, CanadaHelps, United Way, Benevity)
- Participate in the development of donor recognition and donor stewardship: ensure individual donors, and sometimes corporate donors or foundations, are properly tracked and thanked by team members.
- Coordinate volunteers when support is needed for donor recognition activities.
- Maintain communications with individual and monthly donors in order to deepen relationships
- Provide tax receipts to all our donors
- File and organize fundraising documents, support financial audit, providing all contracts, letters of support
We are looking for a candidate with the following skills, interests and experiences:
- Interest for food security, community care, volunteer engagement and agriculture
- Excitement for non-profit work and our community-focused mission
- Familiarity and experience with data entry and data management platforms
- Sense of initiative, capacity to work independently and handle responsibilities
- Organized with an attention to detail
- Developed written communication skills in French are required
This is a temporary part-time position (16 hours a week) from June 2019- January 2020, with possibility of extension depending on organisational needs. The schedule will be decided by the Director of Human Resources in collaboration with the successful candidate. Our preference is for the hours to be spread over several days throughout the week. This is a salaried position at $13.05 per hour.
Santropol Roulant is committed to building a diverse and accessible community in the most equitable way possible. Inclusion is at the heart of what we do, and as such we are committed to a hiring methodology that reflects this value. We uphold non-discriminatory hiring practice to ensure a fair and just recruitment process, and acknowledge the importance of creating opportunity for protected groups whenever possible. Come as you are – let’s break social isolation and engage our community through healthy food together.
To apply, please submit your application as soon as possible on our open application platform by Friday, May 3rd: https://santropolroulant.org/en/open-application/ or simply visit our website https://santropolroulant.org/en/jobs/ to find the job for which you would like to apply. Due to the large volume of applications anticipated, we will unfortunately only be contacting canddidates who are chosen for an interview. For more information, contact Jamiey at 514-284-9335, write to rh at santropolroulant.org, or visit https://santropolroulant.org/en/.