Headquartered in Montreal, and with additional staff in Ottawa, Toronto and Vancouver, the McConnell Foundation is a national private foundation that supports efforts to build a more inclusive, sustainable, resilient and innovative Canada.
The Foundation is currently recruiting a Program Director. The successful candidate will join a dynamic team that is co-creating innovative and scalable approaches to some of Canada’s toughest challenges - such as climate change, income inequality, civic engagement, the wellbeing of diverse communities and Indigenous reconciliation - while also developing innovative approaches to shifting large systems.
The Program Director will work from the Montreal office. The Foundation offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Interested applicants should upload their cover letter and cv to: https://bit.ly/2XoSEs7
Deadline: May 3, 2019
Position Title: Program Director
Purpose: The Program Director advances the Foundation’s objectives by developing strategic and operational relationships with key stakeholders in multiple sectors, by managing a portfolio of grants and Foundation initiatives, and by generating and disseminating knowledge from our grants and programs.
Supervisor: Vice President
- Undertakes research and development activities and co-designs new program initiatives
- Builds and maintains multi-sectoral partnerships to achieve transformational change in areas of interest to the Foundation
- Reviews and analyzes proposals for funding
- Acts as a liaison with grantees, monitoring and evaluating a full portfolio of active grants
- Prepares proposals, dashboards and reports for the Board
- Writes blogs, stories, reports and articles, analyzing the outcomes of grants and initiatives, and disseminating knowledge generated by Foundation activities
- Participates in continuous learning on Foundation-related programs and related activities
Skills and attributes
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in at least one of Canada’s official languages; functional in both.
- Computer literacy, including commonly used cloud-computing tools.
- Flexibility, intellectual curiosity and openness to change are essential.
- Superior interpersonal skills in working with colleagues, applicants, grantees, and stakeholders from a range of sectors and cultures.
- Ability to work independently and as part of cross-disciplinary teams.
Experience / Requirements
- Mid-career (10-20 years), pan-Canadian experience and perspective, with demonstrated capacity to develop and manage programs using a social innovation lens.
- Domain expertise in one or more areas of particular interest to the Foundation will be considered an asset.
- Experience working with government, philanthropy, business and private sectors.
- Familiarity with the evolution of philanthropy in Canada, including the use of impact investing as a complement to granting
Interested applicants should upload their cover letter and cv to: