2 positions open
This position reports to the Counselling Manager and is responsible for organizing recreational summer activities and providing information and referral to women and children in the Winnipeg’s North End Community.
All applicants must meet the following requirements:
- is between 18 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act* and;
- is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations
Event organization duties:
- Plan, promote, set-up, and deliver recreation activities for women and their children
- Provide feedback form to evaluate and report on the Summer Program
- Secure donations for the program as needed
Information and referral duties:
- Provide information about programs and services available for women and their children
- Provide resources and referrals to community women
- Receive, forward and process telephone or electronic inquiries and messages
The above position will provide youth with the opportunity to work with women and families facing multiple barriers such as poverty, violence, addictions, etc. The youth will obtain pre-employment skills, knowledge and experience in event planning and organization, front desk work, working with families in the Inner City, and working with a non-profit organization in a community based environment.
Indigenous and Minority women are encouraged to self-identify. Priority will be given to community residents.
Wage: $12.00/hr, plus 4% vacation pay
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00 am – 4:30 pm (35.0 hours per week)
Duration: June 24, 2019 – August 16, 2019 (8 weeks)
Closing Date: Friday, May 27, 2019 at 4:00 PM
Resumes and a cover letter may be submitted by email, mail, fax, or in person to:
North End Women’s Centre
394 Selkirk Avenue, Winnipeg, MB R2W 2M2
Fax: 204-586-9476 Email: lisac at newcentre.org