The Manitoba Association for Rights and Liberties (MARL) exists to inspire action for social justice, human rights and civil liberties in Manitoba through education and advocacy. MARL envisions a world where people’s diversity is valued, liberties are respected, and rights are lived. Our primary focus is human rights education workshops and community events to spark critical understanding of human rights issues in Manitoba.
MARL is currently seeking an enthusiastic and inspired individual for the position of Education Coordinator. This position will be 12-month term, with possibility for renewal dependant on funding, beginning July 2, 2019 at 30 hours a week. The Education Coordinator will be primarily responsible for the development of Human Rights Education workshops, as well as facilitating workshops on topics such as privilege and oppression, colonialism and reconciliation, and human rights and the law in Manitoba.
Position duties will include:
- Leading research and development of educational workshops in Human Rights Education.
- Working directly under the Executive Director with responsibility over the direction of educational program development.
- Facilitating workshops in classrooms from grade 5 to university level.
- Administrative tasks, including reporting progress to funding partners.
- Building and maintaining relationships with teachers, administrators, and other community connections
- Outreach to schools and businesses across Manitoba
Ideal candidates will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree in Human Rights, Education, Peace & Conflict Studies, Politics, International Development Studies, or related field.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Previous experience with workshop facilitation.
- Some demonstrated previous experience with workshop/seminar development and planning
- Previous experience in a non-profit environment.
Bilingual in French is an asset.
To apply, please forward your cover letter and resume to Jordyn Sheldon at jordyn at marl.mb.ca before 4:00 PM on May 31, 2019. Candidates are encouraged to self-identify in their cover letter. Although we appreciate all applications, only candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.