Food Matters Manitoba (FMM) is seeking a term full-time Special Projects Coordinator. The Coordinator works with all members of the staff team, external stakeholders & funders, and reports to the Executive Director/General Manager. The position is based in Winnipeg office.
- Research and identify various funding opportunities in alignment with the vision, mission and values of FMM. Write funding proposals and prepare reports as necessary in support of FMM’s program and policy work.
- In collaboration with FMM staff, identify program partnership opportunities towards sustaining and broadening organizational program delivery. Engage relevant stakeholders in opportunities.
- Coordinate and write communication materials including for the FMM website, social media, member and donor newsletter, and program/policy promotional materials.
- Conduct research, analytical and policy work in development and support of the organization’s Sustainability Plan.
- Engage in advocacy work with Policy Director and Executive Director/General Manager.
- Support the development and implementation of evaluation activities, as required.
- Strong strategic, critical and innovative thinking skills.
- Experience in writing analytical policy and/or program documents.
- Experience applying for and/or administering government or foundation grant funding programs is strongly preferred.
- Experience preparing communications materials for web and social media sites; members and donors; or other audiences. .
- Bachelor’s level (or equivalent) degree/diploma is required. .
- Understanding of food security and Indigenous food sovereignty issues is desired.
- Self-motivated, able to multi-task and a strong team player.
- Experience working with community organizations; media; and other stakeholders.
Work week: 37.5 hours
Term period: June 3, 2019 (or sooner) to March 31, 2019, with possibility of extension pending funding.
Salary: $35,475-$38,700 for 10-month period, ($22 - $24/ hour)
Thank you for your interest. Only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Those interested in applying for this position are invited to forward their resume and cover letter by email to info at foodmattersmanitoba.ca (Subject Line: Special Projects Coordinator) by the end of the day May 15, 2019.
Food Matters Manitoba strives to be a safe and accessible workplace that celebrates diversity and represents the community that we live and work in. We encourage individuals from traditionally socially excluded groups to apply for the position.