Full Time (40 hours per week)
5 year term project
Ka Ni Kanichihk Inc. is a non-profit, community based; Indigenous led human services organization that provides a range of Indigenous identified programs and services that focus on wholeness and wellness and that builds on the strengths and resilience of Indigenous Peoples.
About the Role
The Gender Equality Specialist will ensure that Ka Ni Kanichihk’s commitment towards gender equality is translated into concrete and measurable actions through a 5-year “Gender Equality in Indigenous Workplace Culture” project. The position will provide technical support on gender equality in an Indigenous Workplace, utilizing Indigenous Ways of Being and essential workplace practices. They will guide the mainstreaming of gender equality into program design and delivery, proposals, support capacity development initiatives, gender equality policies and Human Resource practices, as well as contribute to strategic development and advocacy.
The Gender Equality Specialist will work closely with the organizations leadership team, Human Resource Administrator and all staff to ensure that gender equality in Indigenous workplace culture is strengthened across all areas of operations and program implementation.
This individual is responsible for advising and implementing action on the application of HR policies, directives, guidelines, standards, processes and procedures using a Gender Based and Indigenous Ways of Being analysis. This includes the development of a gender specific human resources and program recruitment and retention strategy, which will be done using a gender informed and Indigenous based lens to help strengthen impact, reach and core capacities.
The Specialist will also complete a strategic review of all the organization’s programming practices to ensure they are gender neutral and sensitive and that the organization is operating through a gender-based lens in an Indigenous workplace. This work will enhance the efficiency of programs and service delivery while ensuring gender exclusivity for Indigenous women, girls and 2SLGBTQ folks accessing programming thereby contributing to their empowerment while working to dispel societal views which contribute to discrimination and greater violence against Indigenous women and 2SLGBTQ. This position will work towards integrating Cultural Indigenous gender practices and Indigenous Ways of Being into the internal governance material, and manuals.
This role will also assist the HR Administrator in implementing the gender sensitive recruitment and retention strategy, and ensure employees and programs are adhering to the policies, procedures, and process identified. The incumbent will also assist employees by providing appropriate training.
What You Bring
- Degree or Diploma in Human Resources or Labour Studies, or related Social Services field.
- Four years of progressively responsible human resources experience. (Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be evaluated).
- Ability to maintain and preserve strict confidentiality.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, with experience writing reports.
- Experience collecting and analyzing data
- Ability to work with all levels of employees and departments.
- Well versed in proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, and composition.
- Knowledge of human resources operations.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision.
- Must be computer literate with specific experience in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, and Windows programs Word and Excel.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Ka Ni Kanichihk employees enjoy:
- Comprehensive Benefits including Health and Dental
- Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Employer Contributed RRSP
- Employee and Family Assistance
- Training and Development opportunities
- Free on-site parking
- Employee appreciation events
Ka Ni Kanichihk is committed to achieving employment equity; therefore candidates are encouraged to indicate in their covering letter if they are of Indigenous ancestry.
A review of applications will begin immediately with a closing date of Monday, June 17, 2019 at 4:30pm.
Please send the following in on attachment: Resume, Cover Letter, and three work-related references to:
Human Resources Administrator
Ka Ni Kanichihk Inc.
455 McDermot Ave.
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3A 0B6
E-mail: HR at kanikanichihk.ca