Weekends – 12 month term position June 2019
Term, Part-time (10 hours/week)
Position Purpose and Summary: Guided by the vision, mission and values of the Immigrant and Refugee Community Organization of Manitoba, Inc. and IRCOM House Inc., the Building and Grounds Maintenance Worker: maintains the buildings and grounds of IRCOM House Inc. in a clean, safe and attractive condition for all tenants, staff and program participants.
Under the supervision of the Housing Manager or designate, this position will carry out the following:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Building Cleaning (75%)
- Clean (sweep, wash, vacuum) floors of all designated building areas (program rooms, offices, washrooms, staircases) daily
- Clean and disinfect windows, mirrors, doors, door handles, elevators, and wall surfaces
- Gather and remove all waste from all trash cans daily
- Stock and maintain all shared washrooms with paper towel, toilet paper, soaps
- Clean empty suites prior to arrival of new tenants as required by Building Supervisor
- Disposes of any abandoned furniture and items from the building
Grounds Maintenance (15%)
- Remove snow on all walkways on each day with snowfall
- De-ice and sand all walkways around IRCOM House
- De-ice and sand parking lot as needed
- Gather and remove waste from parking lot, lawns and walkways around the building
- Mow, rake and maintain lawns (Ellen location only)
Team and Inter-departmental Support (10%)
- Follow all IRCOM guidelines regarding cleaning procedures, equipment care and use, and health and safety regulations as per IRCOM House Operations Manual
- Train and supervise volunteer cleaners as assigned
- Report any tenant concerns, safety issues or repair requirements to Building Supervisor.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Housing Manager or designate
- Ability to work independently
- Good listening and communication skills in English
- Must be physically able to lift 30 kg
- Ability to learn to use cleaning and grounds-keeping equipment
- Good cross-cultural relational skills
- Demonstrate the qualities and values IRCOM seeks for all our staff (see http://www.ircom.ca/about us/employmentopportunities/
- Prior experience maintaining buildings and grounds
- Prior experience using medium duty cleaning and grounds-keeping equipment
- Fluency in additional languages
Hours of work
This is a part-time, 12-month term position with a minimum of 10 hours per week. The Building and Grounds Maintenance Worker’s hours will predominantly take place on Saturdays and Sundays.
Salary and Benefits
Application Process: All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection. Applicants are requested to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: women, Indigenous people, refugees, immigrants, persons of colour and/or persons with a disability.
For further information, or to apply for this position please use the contact information below. When applying, please note that your cover letter and résumé must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Applications must be submitted by Friday, July 12, 2019 at 12 pm to:
HR - Selection Committee
95 Ellen Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3A 1S8
Email: hr at ircom.ca
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.