12 Month Maternity Leave Position
The Lake of the Woods Business Incentive Corporation is seeking an energetic individual to fill a Business Development and Lending Officer maternity leave position.
LOWBIC is a not-for-profit corporation governed by a Board of Directors servicing the Kenora Area. The Business Development and Lending Officer is responsible for all aspects of the investment fund portfolio including growth, collections, business counselling and assessing feasibility of client business ideas/proposals/plans.
Key Functions & Duties
- Respond to enquiries regarding business ideas & financing requirements.
- Provide guidance, assistance and information in the development of client business plans, cash flows, loan applications, government programs and other financing options.
- Review and analyze applications for financing, including assessing financial viability, management capability, social and community impact, repayment ability, job creation, feasibility and security.
- Prepare letters of offer and other loan security documents, maintain client loan files.
- Enter/maintain client information in client management system; all reporting as required (monthly – annually).
- Process monthly electronic loan payments.
- Conduct annual file reviews ensuring clients are meeting terms of their agreement and all aspects of collections.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- University Degree in business or relevant field.
- Previous commercial lending experience at a traditional lender or another Community Futures is desired.
- Experience with the lending process from pre-lending to post-care with strong analytical skills desired.
- Understanding of financial statements, sound business acumen, impeccable judgment, ethics and morals.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills including the ability to make effective oral presentations.
- Excellent organizational skills including the abilities to manage time, multitask and prioritize.
- Team player who is able to work well with others both internal and external to corporation.
This is a contract position, salary commensurate with experience.
Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Please email cover letter & resume by 4 PM on July 12th to:
Ryan Reynard, Executive Director rreynard at lowbic.on.ca