Reference Number: 20190703
Terms of employment: Contract (37.5 hours per week)
Working in the MRC of Avignon, CEDEC is seeking an individual with experience in economic development to work with leaders to enhance economic activity in the MRC of Avignon. This exciting and challenging opportunity will be undertaken in the communities of Matapédia, Pointe-à-la-Croix, Escuminac, Ristigouche-Sud-Est, Nouvelle, and the Mi’kmaq communities of Gesgapegiag and Listuguj.
- Lead projects that enhance economic activity while engaging the potential of public, private and not-for-profit partnerships for economic benefits.
- Work with leaders from the public, private and not-for-profit sectors in order to enhance economic activity in communities.
- Organize and facilitate meetings with stakeholders
The requirements for this position are as follows:
- Post-secondary education in economic development or a related field.
- Demonstrable experience in economic development or a related field.
- Experience engaging stakeholders in the private sector, public sector, and not-for-profit sector for the purpose of achieving measurable impacts.
- Strong organizational skills, able to process and act on information in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to follow direction and work independently as necessary
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English and French
- Strong computer skills with demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office software (including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word etc.)
In addition, CEDEC seeks a person of integrity with the ability to inspire and engage others in innovative activities that will generate positive economic impacts.
For more information about CEDEC, visit cedec.ca.
Resumes should be sent to jobs at cedec.ca and include Reference Number: 20190703 in the subject line. Deadline to apply is July 22, 2019 at 5 pm.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. We wish to express our appreciation to all who respond to this opportunity.