Work Hours: Flexible, largely between 8:30 and 4:30pm
Term: 1,000 hour contract (est 20-25 hrs per week for 11 months--flexible), with the possibility of becoming permanent.
Provide business and marketing research development of LITE’s social enterprise, LITE Box. Sold on-line, LITE Box works with local social enterprises and select small businesses to create curated, themed boxes of products that are sold online and in-person. All products support employment or training for people who tend to be marginalized in the labour market or support the growth of locally-owned retailers. Visit shop.lite.mb.ca to see our Summer 2019 Box.
The LITE Box Coordinator will lead the next development phase of LITE Box, refine the original business plan and sales forecasts; work with suppliers to develop or bring viable products to the Box; undertake marketing research, identify and execute a marketing strategy, and work within a set budget for development.
- Expand the market reach of LITE Box and offer strategic insight to the overall direction and growth of the venture through market research and analysis on LITE Box marketing, identifying areas for market growth. Tasks may include designing market research questionnaires and analyzing past sales performance.
- Develop partnerships with local businesses and social enterprises to support the creation or scaling up of production of specific products. Products must support employment or training and produce a product that can be sold to identifiable markets.
- Oversee the budgeting, purchasing and production schedule for a December 2019 Holiday Box (price point of $75) as well as the launch of two $40-45 smaller boxes that can sell continuously starting in January 2019.
- Working with LITE staff or volunteers, provide partner organizations with marketing, business or production supports, as needed and within a defined set of available resources.
- Create and manage marketing plans for LITE Box.
- Coordinate marketing materials and website updates as required.
- Refine and develop a 2 year business development plan.
- Document project for reporting and analysis.
- Coordinate LITE staff and volunteers to deliver LITE Box.
- Identify business or sponsorship opportunities and develop the strategies to attract new and returning customers.
- In-process or completed bachelor's degree in economics, commerce, or business administration.
- Experience in business or product development or a background in digital marketing or market development is strongly encouraged.
- Knowledge or experience in social enterprise and non-profit organizations is welcomed.
- Growth- or “positive” mindset, and ability to problem-solve in a team and multi-organization environment.
- Friendly professional able to work with diverse groups of people to develop partnerships and projects.
- Interest in growing healthy economies in under resourced areas.
- Understanding the systemic contexts of poverty, and the challenges that social and other entrepreneurs face in creating and sustaining business in impoverished areas is an asset.
- Preference will be given to residents living in Winnipeg’s inner city neighbourhoods, and Indigenous, Visible Minority or new Canadian applicants. Please self-identify in the cover letter.
- Candidates who have some but not all of the above qualifications are encouraged to apply. LITE operates as a “learning institution,” encouraging all staff to learn-and-grow on the job.
Salary range is $18-20/hr and will be commensurate with experience.
Thank you to all who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position is funded by a grant from The Winnipeg Foundation. (Thank you!)
Apply by Monday, August 12, 4PM with a resume and cover letter to:
Dr. Tyler Pearce
203-765 Main Street, Wpg, MB R2W 3N5
Email: info at lite.mb.ca