Close Date: August 9th, 2019, 5:00PM CDT
Start Date: October 1st, 2019
Hours: 35 hours per week, including some evenings and weekends.
Salary Range: $54,000.00 - $68,250.00
The Executive Director, under the general direction of the Board of Directors, and in accordance with the philosophy and objectives of Sunshine House, is responsible for the overall management of the Sunshine House’s operations. This position flows out of and supports the Mission statement, Vision and guiding values of Sunshine House.
- Oversee planning, implementation, and evaluation of the organization’s programs
- Ensure that the Mission Statement and Vision are realized
- Build and sustain partnerships with funding agencies, other local, provincial and national agencies and research institutions and researchers
- Seek funding opportunities and obtain funding to support Sunshine House’s programs
- Oversee all financial matters within the organization’s assets
- Report to relevant funding bodies and the Board of Directors
- Manage staffing requirements, including hiring, discipline and coaching staff
- Develop capacity of employees according to strategic plan
- Oversee volunteer training and support
- Facilitate the work of the volunteer Board of Directors
- Maintain active connections with participants and their communities
- Maintain active involvement with research undertaken within the community in order to identify service gaps
- A degree in a relevant discipline and at least 2 years experience in senior administration. A suitable combination of related education and no less than 5 years experience in senior administration may be considered
- Transparent and high integrity leadership Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Demonstrated experience in grant writing
- Demonstrated experience in program development
- Superior organizational, communication and time-management skills
- Working knowledge of computer technology
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply harm reduction principles in a practical application to management, policies, procedures, programs and services
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours
- General knowledge of the populations and communities served by Sunshine House in Winnipeg
- Valid Manitoba drivers license and access to a vehicle
Position is subject to continuation of funding, and is dependent on the ability of the incumbent to secure additional funding to supplement the current funding agreement, as well as secure renewal of the current funding agreement (ending October 31, 2020).
Submit resume and cover letter to:
board at sunshinehousewpg.org
Sunshine House Inc.
646 Logan Ave.
Winnipeg MB, R3A 0S7
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Sunshine House is committed to promoting a workforce that is representative of the participants and communities we serve. We encourage applications from Indigenous persons, those with lived experience and members of equity-seeking groups. Applicants are encouraged to self-declare in their application.
Applicants may be required to undergo testing to determine the knowledge, skill and ability required for the position.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.