Graffiti Art Programming Inc. is seeking a Gallery Coordinator
This is a 24hr/week position, starting wage: $18/hour
Starting date: Sept 1, 2019
Benefits package available after 3 months
The Gallery Coordinator assists the Artistic Director in planning and coordinating exhibitions and programming in the main gallery space and off-site exhibition spaces.
The ideal candidate will be working towards, or have completed, a degree in curatorial studies, visual art, art history, or related, and show a demonstrated interest in contemporary art with strengths in research and writing. Those who have completed an MFA in studio art or an MA in curatorial practices or cultural studies are particularly encouraged to apply.
Description of tasks:
- Day-to-day administrative duties
- Point of contact for event bookings and gallery rentals
- Assist with organization of website and social media materials
- Outreach and distribution of publicity materials
- Facilitation of exhibition tours and related educational programming
- Grant writing and reporting
- Research and program development
- Communications with artists and staff
- Assist with set-up of activities and events, including youth programs
- Assist with installation of artwork
- Other duties as assigned
To apply: submit a letter of interest, a resume or CV no longer than 2 pages, and a list of 3 professional references by email to:
Julia Wake, Program Director, juliawake at graffitigallery.ca
Graffiti Art Programming Inc. thanks all candidates for their interest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.