A connecting point between the compassionate and Winnipeg’s less fortunate, Siloam Mission is a Christian humanitarian Organization that alleviates hardships and provides opportunities for change for those affected by homelessness.
Building a community of hope since 1987, we would like to invite you to join our journey. Siloam Mission is currently seeking for a Permanent/Fulltime - Social Enterprise Supervisor. Reporting to Building Futures Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible in managing and executing Social Enterprise business initiatives for the growing need of transition services in laundry facilities.
As part of Siloam Mission’s mandate to be a connecting point between the compassionate and less fortunate, the incumbent is expected to facilitate volunteers whenever possible in the performance of its duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the overall operational activities of Laundry Social Enterprise;
- Act as a key person in customer relations concern;
- Facilitate training & development of participant employees;
- Mentor team members in achieving goal through social enterprise initiatives;
- Implement conflict resolution management, when needed;
- Execute performance management for team members;
- Ensure that laundry tasks are completed on a daily target basis;
- Engage in moderate physical activities including walking and standing in sustained periods of time;
- Perform other tasks that may be assigned by the Building Futures Manager
Qualifications & Experience
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in business, social services, or related sector. An equivalent combination of experience are encouraged to apply;
- Knowledge of issues facing individuals experiencing homelessness and community resources accessible for this client population;
- Experience in Social Enterprise or work mentorship program;
- Ability to work within harm-reduction framework;
- Capacity to work from trauma-informed perspective;
- Competency to coach, mentor, provide advice and direction in community members’ welfare;
- Teaching experience is an asset;
- Proficiency in MS Office and database platform;
- Certification in WHMIS & CPR is an asset;
- Experience in Non-Profit sector is an asset
- We provide competitive compensation and benefits in the non-profit sector.
- Siloam is a Christian Humanitarian organization. Discussion and understanding of Siloam Mission’s Statement of Beliefs is part of the interview process. https://www.siloam.ca/about-us/mission-beliefs/
- This position is subject to criminal record check
- Hours of work: 40 hours per week - may include daytime, evening, and/or weekend shifts, including statutory holidays
- Work location : 300 Princess Street, Winnipeg, MB
- Closing date: August 11, 2019
Please address your resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Specialist