Full Time – Permanent
SEED Winnipeg envisions a world where opportunities exist for all people and communities to realize their hopes. Our mission is to build strong communities and increase opportunities for people through financial empowerment programs and services.
SEED’s Business and Enterprise Support and Training (BEST) program supports low-income community members program participants to launch or expand small businesses. We are seeking a Business Consultant to help people living on a low income to explore business idea feasibility, deliver program information sessions, conduct intake meetings, facilitate workshops, and provide one-to-one business coaching and mentorship
Successful candidates must:
- Have strong business acumen (experience owning and operating their own business and/or equivalent formal business education)
- Have demonstrated workshop facilitation skills
- Have strong project management skills
- Have excellent communication and analytical skills
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office and other Windows applications
- Be able to work evenings and weekends
The following are considered assets:
- Experience working with low-income community members
- Experience working with Indigenous people and newcomers to Canada
- Knowledge of business resources and networks for small businesses and entrepreneurs
- Knowledge of cooperative and social enterprise business models
SEED Winnipeg has a comprehensive diversity statement and is an equal opportunity employer. We value candidates who have lived experience living on a low level of income. We encourage candidates to self-identify in their cover letters. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. The salary range for this position starts at $43,611.00.
Applicants should send a cover letter and resume to info at seedwinnipeg.ca (Attention: BDS Selection Committee) by 4:30pm on Friday, October 25th, 2019. Applicants should provide detail on how they meet the criteria for this position in their cover
letter and resume.
While SEED appreciates all applications, only those applicants selected for an interview will be
For more information about SEED, visit www.seedwinnipeg.ca.