Community Futures Ontario (CFO) members are recognized as leaders for rural community economic development. Community
Futures Ontario supports its members to deliver quality services in their communities and provides the voice for the Community Futures Program in Ontario.
The person in this position is responsible for leading professional communication and coordinating professional development activities and events on behalf of the Association, working closely with the Executive Director, the CFO and the Community Futures network.
Key responsibilities include:
- Management of all website and social media content including analytics and outreach strategy implementation, interaction with technical support and vendors
- Coordination of social media strategy and content with the 4 Ontario CFDC networks and the national network
- Sourcing content and producing monthly e-newsletters, post announcements and initiatives, provide government relations communications
- Coordination of training for CFDC staff, based on consultation with the 4 Ontario CFDC network, conducting a training needs survey, and resolving operational issues
- Promotion of Community Futures Leadership Institute staff certification and Board training modules
- Planning, organizing and coordination of the annual conference including workshops and plenary sessions, speakers, facilities, trade show, sponsors and related activities.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills in preparing communications material for web and social media, and MP toolkit content and in providing advice on government relations committee and other committees
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines, e.g. developing strategies to organize and complete month-end responsibilities such as statistics, newsletter, social media and webs posts, upcoming social media monthly plan, public, members and committee needs/inquiries.
- Post-secondary education in a related program, e.g. Communications and Public Affairs, Adult Learning or equivalent (education and experience will be considered at hiring manager’s discretion)
- Ability, familiarity or proficiency in use of software applications such as Microsoft Office Word, Outlook email and Excel, Adobe Editor, Camtasia video editing software, Joomla web content management system.
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service and relationship management
- Experience in a member’s association in a not-for-profit sector environment
- Self-starter, proactive and organized
- Ability to work as a team player and also independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated proficiency in English and French in responding to inquiries and preparing/reviewing text in official languages
- Ability to travel, use of own vehicle, valid driver’s license
- Working remotely from the CFOntario office occasionally may be an option
Please apply by sending your resume in confidence to careers at performancegroup.ca by October 15, 2019