Full Time – Two-year term with the prospect of extension
SEED Winnipeg envisions a world where opportunities exist for all people and communities to realize their hopes. Our mission is to build strong communities and increase opportunities for people through financial empowerment programs and services.
We are seeking a Public Policy and Communications Coordinator to support our mission. The Public Policy and Communications Coordinator will collaborate with SEED’s management team and Public Policy and Research Committee to:
- Coordinate public policy analysis, planning, strategy, and engagement
- Produce communication materials, including policy briefs, reports, infographics, media releases, and presentations
- Assist with grant application and report writing
- Coordinate research projects
- Contribute to project development and evaluation
Successful candidates will:
- Have exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Have strong knowledge of civic, provincial, and federal legislative processes
- Be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Be strong researchers and analytical thinkers
- Be able to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds in a collaborative team
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office and other Windows applications
- Have an understanding of the ongoing impacts of colonization
The following will be considered assets:
- Demonstrated experience writing grant applications and reports
- A degree in social sciences, public policy, public administration, or a related discipline
- Demonstrated ability to use social media and content management systems
- Good working relationships with organizations serving low-income and inner-city communities
SEED Winnipeg has a comprehensive diversity statement and is an equal opportunity employer. We also value candidates who have lived experience with low income. We encourage candidates to self-identify in their cover letters. The salary range for this position begins at $43,611. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to info at seedwinnipeg.ca (Attention: Public Policy Selection Committee) by 4:30 P.M. on Monday, October 21, 2019. While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates
selected for interview will be contacted.