Winnipeg Harvest is an outstanding place with employees that care greatly about the work that we do and the people that we work with and serve. We’re seeking a dedicated Full-Time Term Community Events Associate (Term ends 3rd week of January, 2020), that will work well with our team and ensure the consistent and proactive flow of food and monetary donations into the organization in liaison with both, internal and external stakeholders. This person must have exceptional customer service and time management skills, and should be knowledgeable about our city routes.
Closing date: 22nd October, 2019
What you’ll do:
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of all approved Winnipeg Harvest Community Events.
- Drive cube vans, completing all required vehicle inspections and procedures, to support Community Events. Provide general warehouse support as required.
- Provide accurate, on-going background reports on Special Events, donor activities and event history.
- At peak times, serve as an on-site contact person or speak for Community Events as required.
- Prepare correspondence related to the Development Team as assigned; including thank-you letters, acknowledgements, and recognition of support.
- During Community Events, manage donation procedures and take accountability for the collection and accounting practices related to monetary donations.
- As a member of the Winnipeg Harvest CREW, support the team however needed to ensure operational needs are being met.
- A strong belief in the dignity of all human beings and a positive and caring approach.
- Three or more years’ of providing exceptional customer service experience.
- Experience managing money, and a proven trustworthy and accountable approach to donations.
- Strong working knowledge of the full MS Office Suite, including Word and Excel.
- Ability to pass a Criminal Background and Child Abuse Registry Check is essential.
- Valid clean Class 5F driver’s license required, and a reliable vehicle is strongly preferred.
- Ability to drive Cube Vans, and experience driving in Winnipeg.
- Ability to lift, push and pull 50 to 100 lbs. over an extended period and from time to time, lift awkward weights, use dollies and pallet jacks.
Evening and weekend shifts will be required as business levels dictate.
Think you have what it takes to join our outstanding CREW? Let’s talk.
To learn more about this opportunity, visit: www.winnipegharvest.org/about/join-the-team/
Apply by email at: email@example.com
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those with the required qualifications will be contacted.
Please note this is a job ad and a full job description will be available for the successful candidate.