The Canadian CED Network is seeking a Manitoba Network Manager, to work in our Winnipeg, Social Enterprise Centre office. This is a leadership position that will join the Manitoba team in a dynamic time as we implement the results of a recent Strategic Check-Up and respond to a quickly changing environment. Reporting to the Regional Networks Director, the Manitoba Network Manager is primarily responsible for CCEDNet Manitoba membership recruitment & engagement; building and maintaining constructive relationships with governments, funders, and the public; and team and operations management focused on local member and public engagement activities, member convening, and oversight for learning events, public policy development, and the annual Gathering of Community Builders. They will work closely with local capacity building Program Managers and the Regional Networks Director to provide overall strategic direction and alignment across activities for the Manitoba network.
The successful candidate will have a track record of leadership, experience in a related field, and working knowledge of a variety of collaborative or networking practices such as collective impact, group facilitation, shared leadership models, community organizing, etc. They will be comfortable joining an established team and working within an established strategy that has been developed through deep engagement with Network members. Workplace culture is important to CCEDNet. Located in Winnipeg's Social Enterprise Centre, CCEDNet-Manitoba's office and the environment of the building is collaborative and open. This provides many opportunities to connect with members, potential members, and other stakeholders. The Network Manager will enable a dynamic, efficient and flexible working environment with the staff team.
ABOUT THE CANADIAN CED NETWORK
The Canadian CED Network (CCEDNet) is a values-based, non-profit association committed to connecting people and ideas for action that builds local economies that strengthen communities and benefit everyone. We have several hundred members throughout Canada working at the grassroots level in rural, urban, Indigenous, and northern settings. The Manitoba regional network is strong and active. Our local strategic areas of work include building strength, knowledge, connection, and power with local community organizations to achieve our vision of sustainable and inclusive communities directing their own social, environmental, and economic futures. We work together as a team, including local capacity building program staff and nationally with other CCEDNet offices. We are aiming to implement initiatives across these strategy areas, and are consciously working to integrate collaboration, leadership, and meaning-making across all of our work. ccednet-rcdec.ca
- Implementation of CCEDNet-Manitoba’s strategic plan including demonstrating impact to members and the public
- Manitoba network fund development and sustainability planning
- Manitoba team management: direct supervision of public policy, event, and engagement staff; coordination of overall Manitoba team meetings
- Manitoba membership recruitment, retention, and convening including via the regional committee, other working groups, Spring vision meeting, Fall policy summit, and other actions as appropriate
- Public engagement and teaching as required
- Oversight of local overall communications development
- Oversight of public policy process and government relations
- Oversight of workshops and major events, such as The Gathering of Community Builders
- Liaising with Manitoba Program Managers and team members (staff of Spark and Social Enterprise Manitoba)
- Office, admin, & resource management at the Social Enterprise Centre office
Skills & Qualifications
- Demonstrated experience of management within non-governmental organizations, with multiple stakeholders and funding sources
- Knowledge of community economic development and social enterprise
- A background in business development and funder relations
- Experience of public policy development and public relations to advance social, economic, and/or ecological sustainability
- Experience managing staff in a collaborative team environment
- A track record of supporting non profit and member-based organizational structures
- Values alignment with inclusion, diversity, and equity and strong cultural competency for the Winnipeg context
- Strong written communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Ability to travel occasionally
Hours and Pay
This is a contract position starting immediately until March 2021 with possibility of extension. It is full-time at 37.5 hours / week with some flexibility on schedules. Starting salary range is $56,594 -- $59,888 annually plus benefits.
Send resume and cover letter by November 24, 2019 to sleesonklym (at) ccednet-rcdec.ca with “Manitoba Network Manager” in the subject line.
The Canadian CED Network is an equal opportunity employer and strives for a fair, cooperative, respectful and safe environment that protects and promotes human rights and affirms the dignity of all persons. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply and self-identify in their application.
We appreciate all applications. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.