Casual, Part-time – Two (2) Positions
Position Purpose and Summary: Guided by the vision, mission and values of the IRCOM House Inc., the Painter and Cleaner cleans, prepares and paints residential suites in preparation for new tenants.
Under the supervision of the Housing Manager or designate, this position will carry out the following:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Painting of Suites and Common Areas (60%)
- Painting of assigned suites and common areas including preparation of surfaces, ensuring proper care of fixtures and furnishings
- Patch walls and replace caulking as directed
- Cleanup of all work areas prior to completing suite preparation
- Complete work orders according to organization standards
Suite Cleaning (25%)
- Clean (sweep, wash, wax) floors of all assigned suites
- Clean and disinfect flat surfaces, appliances, plumbing & light fixtures and tub tiles
- Ensure empty suites are ready for inspection prior to arrival of new tenants
Maintain Equipment (10%)
- Follow all IRCOM guidelines regarding cleaning procedures, use and storage of equipment and supplies, and health and safety regulations as per IRCOM House Operations Manual
Team and Inter-departmental Support (5%)
- Report any tenant concerns, safety issues, equipment and supply needs, or major repair requirements to Housing Manager or designate
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Housing Manager or designate
- 2 years experience in painting using a variety of methods (brushes, rollers and spray painting)
- Ability to work independently
- Detail oriented and takes pride in quality of work
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet agreed upon deadlines
- Good listening and communication skills in English
- Must be physically able to stand for extended periods and to lift 30 kg
- Excellent workplace safety record
- Good cross-cultural relational skills
- Must maintain clear Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check
- Demonstrate the qualities and values IRCOM seeks for all our staff (see https://www.ircom.ca/about-us/work-here/
- Prior experience performing light duty residential cleaning
- Prior experience in drywall and taping
- Fluency in additional languages
Hours of work
- This is a casual position with variable daytime, evening and weekend hours depending on work requirements. Estimated average schedule is 20 hours per week.
Application Process: All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection. Applicants are requested to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: women, Indigenous people, refugees, immigrants, persons of colour and/or persons with a disability.
For further information, or to apply for this position please use the contact information below. When applying, please note that your cover letter and résumé must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Applications must be submitted by 12 p.m. noon on Wednesday, November 27, 2019 to:
HR - Selection Committee
95 Ellen Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3A 1S8
Email: hr at ircom.ca
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.