You make our visitors feel welcome!
The Community Host helps set a welcoming, respectful, and safe tone for our building, located at 580 Main Street. Specifically, the Community Host will:
- Greet all visitors and provide information and referral, both internally and externally
- Deliver a secure and safe environment to staff and visitors to the building
- Schedule bookings and interact with clients to develop relationships
- Complete set-up/take-down activities relating to use of the main floor Learning Centre and, as requested, other areas of the building
- Carry out general care and maintenance of the main floor
- Assist with organizational projects, as requested and available
We are currently looking to fill two positions:
- Thursday, 3:00 – 6:30 pm but can go as late as 10:00 pm and weekend shifts starting as early as 7:30 am and end as late as 9:00 pm. Daytime availability during the week is an asset (7:00am-3:00pm)
- Day/evening and weekends with the ability to work from 7:00am to 6:30 pm and as late as 10:00pm on event nights.
As the successful candidate, you will have a demonstrated ability to work respectfully with a diverse range of individuals. You will also possess the following:
- Minimum of five years of experience working with the public, preferably as a front desk clerk, security guard or other similar capacity
- Current certificate in Emergency First Aid/CPR
- Certificate in non-violent crisis intervention or conflict resolution
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Familiarity with MS Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Eagerness to take initiative and demonstrate imagination and resourcefulness
- Grade 12 education or equivalency
- Ability to produce clear criminal record check and child abuse registry check
United Way Winnipeg is committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce that reflects the demographics of the communities we serve. Applicants are encouraged to self-declare.
Please include a cover letter and resume with your application. Posting closes November 29, 2019.
To apply, please visit our website at https://www.northstarats.com/United-Way-Winnipeg
Due to the urgent need to fill this position, we will be interviewing candidates as we receive resumes. Only those being considered for the selection process will be contacted.