The Canadian CED Network (CCEDNet) is inviting applications for a National Communications Coordinator to join our Engagement Team in Toronto, Ontario. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the digital media work and communications strategy for CCEDNet in collaboration with a national staff team located in five offices across the country. This position reports to the Director of Learning & Engagement.
ABOUT THE CANADIAN CED NETWORK
The Canadian CED Network (CCEDNet) is a values-based, non-profit organization committed to strengthening the social, economic, and environmental conditions of Canadian communities. We have several hundred members throughout Canada working at the grassroots level in rural, urban, Indigenous and northern communities. CCEDNet engages a broad and inclusive range of community interests in common efforts to influence policy, create stronger and fairer local economies, tackle poverty and homelessness, and invest in sustainable communities.
- Coordinate communications for the purpose of network engagement - development, design, writing, editing, and publishing of organizational publications and promotional materials (social media, e-newsletters, webinars, etc.)
- Implement and maintain organizational websites and CRM database
- Collaborate closely with the national team and regional staff to develop and execute an organizational strategic communications strategy and plan
- Manage organizational communications activities, tools, and processes across a national staff team
- Streamline communication delivery processes by establishing standards/guidelines for best practices
- Produce regularly scheduled multi-channel news updates on topics of interest to network
- Support ongoing development of Community Leadership Program
- Strong experience with web-based communication tools for organizations: customer relationship management programs (CiviCRM), WordPress, Drupal, Mailchimp, social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Hootsuite, Instagram), Google apps, Microsoft Office, online file storage (Box, Google Drive, DropBox)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; English/French bilingualism an asset
- Understanding the landscape of community economic development and social enterprise in Canada an asset
- Proven track record working in communications and experience with associations, networks, and/or member-based organizations
- Project management experience and strong grasp of strategic goals - ability to look at the big picture while taking care of the day to day operations (balancing strategic and tactical thinking)
- Resourcefulness, flexibility, and creativity
- Detail-oriented, professional, and analytical; self-starting with equal willingness to collaborate and to take direction
- Higher education or equivalent work experience in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or a related field
- Curiosity and a love of perpetual learning, with the ability to prioritize and a good sense of humour
Location: The successful candidate will join CCEDNet's team at our Toronto offices (please note this is not a remote position). The office is located in the Learning Enrichment Foundation in the Mount Dennis neighbourhood, uniquely situated along Gabekanaang-ziibi, the Anishinaabemowin name for the Humber River, which means “Leave the canoes and go back.” This waterway provides an integral connection between Indigenous communities on the shore of Lake Ontario, Lake Simcoe, and the Georgian Bay region.
Compensation: This is a full time (37.5 hours/week) term position until October 1, 2020 with possibility of renewal. Salary is $23.51 - $28.63/hr depending on qualifications and experience.
Process: Please send applications to info at ccednet-rcdec.ca by December 15, 2019 with 'National Communications Coordinator’ in the subject line. Included in your application, please include a cover letter, resume, as well as a submission of your own choosing that shows off your communications skills (this could be a website you built, blog or social media posts that show off your chops, database development work, etc!) Bonus points if your submission relates to community economic development.
The latest anticipated start date is February 3, 2020, with interviews on a rolling basis as submissions are received.
CCEDNet is an equal opportunity employer offering a fair, co-operative, respectful, safe, and healthy work environment.