Ballad Consulting Group
The Ballad team is comprised of Alberta-based professionals, strengthening the communities in which we live and work. We provide services related to research, training, partnership development, process improvement, and full-scale implementation. Our diverse team brings a wealth of knowledge, experience, and creativity to each project we undertake.
The Ballad team is growing and agile, with experience working with Indigenous organizations, communities, municipalities, economic development, and public sector organizations. We build meaningful and collaborative relationships with all external and internal clients.
Ballad has a strategic partnership with Cascade Projects Ltd., an Indigenous-owned and controlled company based in Calgary. Through this strategic partnership, Ballad and Cascade work collaboratively as a united team to assist Industry with Indigenous engagement, project management, cultural awareness training, and economic inclusion advisory.
Ballad is looking for a motivated, and reliable Engagement Coordinator to provide a full range of project support to senior management and employees in a fast-paced creative environment. This position is multi-faceted and involves conducting research, problem-solving, writing and communicating effectively throughout all stages of project delivery. The Engagement Coordinator role will often co-facilitate engagements and workshops, alongside the Engagement Manager.
Additionally, the successful candidate will provide support to Ballad managers to help maximize daily productivity. You will act as their key contact person, manage various reports and schedules. The ideal candidate is a reliable self-starter with experience supporting multiple managers, can multitask and can handle confidential information with professionalism.
This role reports to the Manager of Engagement and works closely with our Indigenous and Social Procurement Advisor, Indigenous Awareness Educator and additional project supports.
Organization & Time Management
- Accurately summarize engagement communications, concerns, and commitments as per regulatory and client business requirements using industry-specific software.
- Prioritize assigned work and complete it in a timely manner.
- Maintain and update various documentation, meeting minutes, contact lists, training materials, and internal communications platform.
- Generate and distribute schedules, presentations, reports, and scorecards.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, training, and travel.
Project Preparation & Delivery
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport with internal and external contacts.
- Co-facilitate workshops with Indigenous communities, businesses and executive leadership in Calgary and across Canada.
- Dedicated to professionalism and demonstrates an ability to work with sensitive and confidential matters.
- Collaborate with the engagement team to execute all project phases, including reporting, graphic design and monitoring activities.
- Experience working in Indigenous relations in a major project environment or community development.
- Understanding of Indigenous peoples, protocols, and history, or;
- Willingness to pursue cultural awareness education.
- Attend and coordinate community and workplace learning.
- Actively participate in related associations.
Other duties as assigned
The position requires the following skills, experiences, and abilities:
- A post-secondary degree in community development, commerce, education, planning, Indigenous studies, public relations or equivalent
- Exceptional working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Requires 2+ years of experience in a Project Coordinator or Community Engagement role
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work flexible hours, including occasional weekends and/or evenings and willingness to travel to Indigenous communities.
- IAP2 certification or similar is considered an asset
- Valid driver’s license
Deadline to Apply: December 20th, 2019