Job Number: 46
Department: Community Impact
Job Type: Full Time
Close Date: 02/16/2020
Professional Areas: Career Opportunities
Engage all sectors to address the complex issue of poverty in our community
The Community Engagement Manager provides strategic support to the collective impact work of the cross-sectoral Winnipeg Poverty Reduction Council (WPRC). This role undertakes a variety of activities intended to inform, facilitate, communicate and evaluate implementation of WPRC’s Framework for Action and emerging strategic priorities. The Community Engagement Manager plays a critical role in researching and preparing sophisticated support materials, as well as coordinating and facilitating meaningful engagement of a broad range of stakeholders.
Reporting to the Director, Collective Impact & Sector Engagement, this role will:
- Utilize the theory and tools of project management, collective impact and social innovation to facilitate the collaborative work of WPRC volunteers, and any related sub-committees and working groups.
- Research and prepare a variety of materials in support of WPRC’s Framework for Action including reports, proposals, newsletters, visuals and presentation materials.
- Review and track poverty reduction related research and materials including media reports; census data and demographic trends; government policies and initiatives; social issues, and effective practices.
- Coordinate and facilitate poverty reduction focused engagement opportunities that ensure meaningful involvement and input from a broad range of stakeholders, including business, government, community organizations and those with lived experience.
You bring curiosity, inclusive thinking, and an innovative mind-set to the role. You also have:
- Relevant post-secondary degree or diploma, with preference in human services, community development and public administration, plus two to four years related experience; equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered
- Demonstrated skills and expertise in research and data analysis, report writing, community engagement, group facilitation, and presenting to large and small groups
- Cultural competency and a demonstrated knowledge of the principles of equity and inclusion
- Strong project management skills; demonstrated ability to organize and implement plans and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated skills in creative communications and public relations with the ability to utilize a variety of traditional and contemporary tools and platforms
- Demonstrated knowledge of collective impact and experience working in a cross-sectoral approach would be an asset
- Experience with community development, community-based work and program development
United Way Winnipeg offers opportunities for personal and professional growth in a rewarding career! We offer excellent benefits including free health and dental coverage, a defined benefit pension plan, family sick leave and a generous vacation package. We also have a flexible work environment and are a fun and supportive workplace.
United Way Winnipeg is committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce that reflects the demographics of the communities we serve. Applicants are encouraged to self-declare.
Interested, qualified candidates are encouraged to 'Apply' below. Please include a cover letter and resume with your application.