Community Futures Westman is a not for profit community economic development organization operating in Southwest Manitoba (serving 29 municipalities and the City of Brandon), home to approximately 130,000 people. CF Westman provides business counselling, lending, business information services to entrepreneurs as well as overall leadership in community economic development. CF Westman owns and operates the Westman Entrepreneurial Centre, a commercial venture that provides office space on both long and short term leases.
Reporting to the volunteer Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for overall leadership and management, including the annual operating budget, human resources management, maintenance of the assets of the corporation, and reporting to the Board and various government agencies.
The Executive Director will regularly be engaged by:
- Leading financial functions in compliance with accounting standards, including banking arrangements, budgets and financial statement analysis
- Negotiating contracts, marketing, media relations and relationship building
- Assuring compliance with regulatory, contract and policy matters
- Developing and evaluating business plans
- Supervising client services including lending, counselling and self-employment training
- Managing the performance of the team while fostering a high standard of client service
- Communicating with municipal councils and economic development agencies
- Post-Secondary education in Business or a related field
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in related fields including business management, business ownership, small business lending or economic development and community development
- Confidentiality, professionalism, dependability and integrity
- Independent and collaborative decision-making
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Well-developed communication skills: written, verbal, presentation and dispute resolution.
- Above average computer skills: Windows 10, Microsoft Office, and internet research proficiency
- Applicants must be bondable willing to travel as required (valid license and reliable vehicle required). The compensation package, group benefits and RRSP will be negotiated commensurate with experience. To submit your resume by May 25, 2020, please email: bsgullet [at] gmail.com
For more information on CF Westman and a detailed position description visit: https://cfmanitoba.ca/westman-news/community-futures-westman-executive-director-position