This position reports to the Community Development & Engagement Manager and is responsible for organizing recreational summer activities and providing information and referral to women and children in the Winnipeg’s North End Community.
All applicants must meet the following requirements:
- is between 18 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act* and;
- is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations
Event organization duties:
- Plan, promote, set-up, and deliver recreation activities for women and their children
- Provide feedback form to evaluate and report on the Summer Program
- Secure donations for the program as needed
Information and referral duties:
- Provide information about programs and services available for women and their children
- Provide resources and referrals to community women
- Receive, forward and process telephone or electronic inquiries and messages
The above position will provide youth with the opportunity to work with women and families facing multiple barriers such as poverty, violence, addictions, etc. The youth will obtain pre-employment skills, knowledge and experience in event planning and organization, front desk work, working with families in the Inner City, and working with a non-profit organization in a community based environment.
Our postings encourage members from the following communities to apply: First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples, and all other Indigenous peoples; members of groups that commonly experience discrimination due to race, ancestry, colour, religion and/or spiritual beliefs, or place of origin; persons with visible and/or invisible (physical and/or mental) disabilities; persons who identify as women; and persons of marginalized sexual orientations. Being a member of an equity group is among our hiring selection criteria. Priority will be given to community residents.
Wage: $14.00/hr, plus 4% vacation pay
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00 am – 4:30 pm (35.0 hours per week)
Duration: 8 weeks – Start date ASAP
Closing Date: Wednesday, June 3, 2020 at 4:00 PM
Resumes and a cover letter may be submitted by email, mail or fax to:
Community Development & Engagement Manager
North End Women’s Centre
394 Selkirk Avenue, Winnipeg, MB R2W 2M2
Fax: 204-586-9476 Email: tracyw at newcentre.org
For a Job Description please contact tracyw at newcentrre.org for more information on the North End Women’s Centre please visit our Facebook page!