Ka Ni Kanichihk Inc.
Contract-Based Employment Opportunity
Editing Consultant – UMatter Project, Teen/Youth Dating Violence Prevention
About the Role
Ka Ni Kanichihk Inc. is seeking a motivated, experienced Editing Consultant to further develop and edit existing curriculum for UMatter – Stop Youth Dating Violence Project.
The consultant will work with the UMatter coordinator to develop, edit, and evaluate project curriculum with a focus on Indigenous youth engagement. The consultant will utilize best practices and proven methods to provide recommendations and make changes to the curriculum.
This position requires a creative and innovative thinker; the consultant will ensure that curriculum is developed into 3 usable levels, and adaptable for delivery in various formats. The curriculum will be reflective of Ka Ni Kanichihk Inc.’s values through embedding language and concepts that are gender-inclusive, trauma-informed, and culturally appropriate.
What You Bring
The ideal candidate is a highly-motivated individual who meets the following essential requirements:
- Completion of a recognized post-secondary degree, diploma, or certification in Education or equivalent;
- Direct experience with development, editing, and adapting curriculum for youth;
- Knowledge of curriculum frameworks and strategies for implementation;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Indigenous education and reforms, and socio-economic conditions in First Nations communities;
- Computer literacy using word processing and editing software;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Demonstrated commitment to the strengths and values of Indigenous knowledge, the rights of Indigenous people, cultural reclamation, and traditional practices;
- Demonstrated gender-based competency, with previous experience in designing, monitoring and evaluating curriculum from a gender-inclusive lens is an ideal asset
- Understanding of trauma-informed practices and ability to apply a trauma-informed lens to curriculum
Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume, detailing how you meet the requirements of this posting. Applications will be accepted until June 23, 2020 at 4:30 pm.
Ka Ni Kanichihk remains committed to achieving employment equity; candidates are encouraged to self-declare in their cover letter if they are of Indigenous ancestry.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to:
Human Resource Administrator
Ka Ni Kanichihk Inc.
455 McDermot Ave.
Winnipeg, MB R3A 0B5
Email: HR at kanikanichihk.ca
Ka Ni Kanichihk thanks all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.