Job Title: Work at Home Information & Referral Data Entry Specialist
Job Type: Full-time Term until March 26, 2021
211 Manitoba: 211 Manitoba is a web-based resource designed to help people find health, government or social services close to home when they aren’t sure where to start. It is a partnership between Volunteer Manitoba and United Way Winnipeg. To visit 211 MB, go to www.mb.211.ca.
Job Summary: Reporting to the 211 Manager, the Information & Referral Data Entry Specialist is responsible for the collection and entry of information on human services in Manitoba for 211 Manitoba’s community services information database.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains 211 Manitoba’s community services information database by:
- Identifying resources that require updating
- Connecting with the appropriate contact person for each resource
- Requesting relevant and up to date information, by telephone or electronically
- Collecting information from relevant print and electronic sources
- Creating and updating resource records in the database, through data entry
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience
- Comfortable working with online databases, including knowledge of database structure
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven interpersonal skills and commitment to superior service.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage and follow up on requests for data
- Detail-oriented and able to meet deadlines and multi-task
- Proficient in the most recent version of Microsoft Office, including word processing and spreadsheets.
- Excellent computer skills with accurate keyboarding. Previous data entry experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum supervision, and also collaboratively and cooperatively as part of a team.
- Ability to work effectively in a work-from-home setting and has access to wi-fi.
- Knowledge of community services in the Province of Manitoba
- Community College diploma in Library and Information Technology, human services or equivalent combination of training/experience or education
- Please email your resume and cover letter to 211jobs at volunteermanitoba.ca by August 7, 2020