Local Investment Toward Employment (LITE) is a registered charity that creates job and training experiences for people facing barriers to employment. In addition to creating jobs, we offer actionoriented economic development opportunities for individuals and social enterprises in Winnipeg.
LITE partners with 20+ community-based organizations, as well as independent contractors, volunteer associations and businesses every year.
The Administration Assistant is responsible for day-to-day data entry and financial processing, donation processing, general office administration, and board support. In addition, they provide administrative support to programming staff and volunteers.
The right candidate will be friendly, a team player able to identify and prioritize tasks, and will thrive working in a fast-paced environment.
- Office administration: data entry, financial processing and donation processing.
- Programming support: scheduling meetings between partners and staff (as needed) and volunteers; updating website or social media as needed.
- Board support: help prepare monthly board packages, maintain board files
- Fund development support: Coordinate donor relationship management with key volunteers and staff; Prepare small and large mail-outs using our database and mailmerge; call sponsors or donors as needed.
- Financial support: Prepare invoices and cheque requisitions; Help prepare monthly financial processing for accountant.
- General administration: Maintain the organization’s files, open mail and respond to general inquiries by email.
- Train and work with volunteers on key administrative processes throughout the year.
- Education and/or experience in administration
- Experience in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Knowledge of Microsoft office (Excel and Word)
- Friendly, positive attitude, motivated to learn and works well in a team environment is a must
- Customer relations experience, particularly over the phone, is an asset
- Knowledge of Quickbooks and GiftWorks (or equivalent) are strong assets but not required
This is a full-time flexible* position (25-35 hrs/wk). Regular office hours are between 8:30AM to 4PM, Monday to Friday, with flexible hours and start/end times for the right candidate.
Occasional evening and weekend work may be required throughout the year.
Wage range is $14-17/hr, commensurate with experience. A health benefits package is available after three months of employment.
Please state in your cover letter how your experience is relevant to the position, and what you think you have to offer to therganization.
LITE is committed to employment equity. Applicants are encouraged to self-identify on their covering letter if they are of Indigenous, Metis, New Canadian and/or Visible Minority.
Deadline: Please send resume with cover letter and 2 references by email to Tyler Pearce [she/her], Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application Admin Assistant” no later than 4 PM, Friday, August 7, 2020.
Applications may also be dropped off to the office:
2nd floor, 765 Main Street (The Social Enterprise Centre)
LITE thanks all applicants for applying, however only those who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
* What do we mean by “full time flexible”? Although we have enough work for a full-time position, we know that some great candidates would prefer or need less hours, especially as they balance family or childcare needs.