Program Coordinator, Asset Building Programs
Full Time – 1 Year Term (with possibility of extension)
SEED Winnipeg envisions a world where opportunities exist for all people and communities to realize their hopes. Our mission is to build strong communities and increase opportunities for people through financial empowerment programs and services.
The Program Coordinator will work across Asset Building programs. With the Access to Benefits team, the Program Coordinator will help people living on a low income to identify benefits they may be eligible for and navigate benefit systems. Their responsibilities will include working with participants to:
- Apply for ID
- Open bank accounts
- File income taxes
- Apply for government benefits
- Complete benefit applications
- Practice self-advocacy and problem-solving
With the Matched Savings programs, the Program Coordinator will demonstrate experience in facilitation with adult learners and personal or professional knowledge of budgeting on a low income.
An asset for this position is the ability to facilitate money management training from an Indigenous cultural perspective with the Money Stories team.
Successful candidates must:
- Have experience providing personalized support to individuals facing multiple barriers
- Have experience working with financially vulnerable community members
- Have exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Be a quick learner who is highly motivated and detail-oriented
- Have strong conflict resolution skills and be a demonstrated team player
- Be reliable and punctual
- Understand the ongoing impacts of colonization
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office and other Windows applications
- Be able to work evenings and weekends, as required
SEED Winnipeg has a comprehensive diversity statement and is an equal opportunity employer. We value candidates who have lived experience living on a low level of income. We encourage candidates to self-identify in their cover letters. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Salary range begins at $43,611 per year.
Applicants should send a cover letter and resume to info at seedwinnipeg.ca (Attention: Selection Committee) by 4:30pm on Friday, August 21st, 2020. Applicants should provide detail on how they meet the criteria for this position in their cover letter and resume.