(Term – 6 Months, Full-time - 37.5 hours/week)
POSITION PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
Guided by the vision, mission, and values of the Immigrant and Refugee Community Organization of
Manitoba Inc., the Program Assistant provides support to IRCOM programs by;
- Welcoming visitors, program participants and tenants and addressing their immediate needs when offices are open to the public, all while adhering to IRCOM’s COVID-19 On-Site Guideline and protocols across according caution levels,
- Assisting Housing, After School Programs, Child Care Program, Community Resource Programs, Newcomer Literacy Initiative, Volunteer and Community Engagement Programs, and others,
- Facilitating provision of coordinated services and programs across the organization, and
- Managing tenant and participant records and supporting programs in data entry,
- Reporting to the Operations Manager, this role serves as the initial contact for the general public & program participants to IRCOM.
- This role works in cooperation with all program staff to meet the newcomer community’s settlement needs. The Program Assistant will exhibit and uphold IRCOM’s core values of integration, diversity, advocacy and empowerment, and they will work in a way that is people-centered, holistic and partnership based.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Program and Executive Support (60%)
- Answer, screen and forward all incoming phone calls to correct departments by maintaining phone systems switch board, and assist with general inquiries. Place outgoing calls as necessary.
- Welcome and assist all office visitors, ensuring a safe and clean reception area when offices are open to the public while adjusting offices to IRCOM COVID-19 response caution levels
- Assist COVID-19 Response Team, lead by the Operations Manager, with restocking personal protective equipment and sanitation equipment and ensuring availability to staff
- Assist program participants and staff by completing program registration forms, providing reminders regarding upcoming events, explaining program criteria, etc.
- Assist coordination between tenants and the Early Childhood Development Hub
- Answer housing related questions from prospective tenants, share application information and housing eligibility rules, refer to external housing partners for additional options beyond IRCOM House
- Develop and implement efficient administrative procedures to assist in registration, scheduling priorities, space requirements and other community resources in collaboration with other programs
- Assist Operations Manager with logistics for program and organizational needs
- Provide support to the Senior Management team from time to time as required
- Provide support to the Executive Director implementing communications and promotional strategies as needed including evaluations and data collection
Program Planning Support (20%)
- Organize, schedule and prepare program planning spaces for meetings, ensuring they are safe, clean, and welcoming to staff and guests
- Ensure program support supplies and inventory, including equipment, paper and food products are accessible and well-maintained
- Facilitate safety of participants, volunteers and staff by following security procedures and COVID-19 protocols and by monitoring and controlling front door access
- Develop and assist in implementing new support procedures in collaboration with supervisor
- File, photocopy, scan, fax, collate, mail letters/packages, and prepare program reports and meeting minutes as needed or directed
- Collaborate with Managers and programs to identify activities to share vision, stories, and the future of IRCOM
Records Management (15%)
- Maintain staff and visitor logs for anyone on-site at IRCOM
- Maintain sanitation and cleaning check-lists and schedules for IRCOM offices and program spaces
- Enter participant data into iCARE and other databases as required
- Assist in collection, storage and management of participant or tenant records
- Ensure participant and organizational hard copies and digital information are accurately filed
- Organize and maintain hard copy and computerized information filing systems for programs
- Maintain up-to-date internal and external contact lists for various groups, i.e. participants / tenants, program waitlists,staff
- Ensure various information boards (i.e. media wall, bulletin boards, signage) are accurate & current
- Assist Operations Manager in managing administrative budgets as necessary (i.e. office supply budget)
Information Technology Assistance (5%)
- Support participants & program staff in use of technologies (phone, copier, projector, computers, etc.)
- Create, label and maintain up-to-date inventory of all IRCOM hardware (computers), software, licenses, and other office equipment, etc.
- Monitor website and other media for accuracy and currency of information available to participants and the community
- Troubleshoot equipment issues and alert Operations Manager of emerging needs
- Minimum 3 years administrative experience OR post-secondary education in a relevant field such as Business Administration plus a minimum 2 years direct program and/or administrative experience
- Extensive computer experience with Google and Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Publisher)
- Prior experience assisting with settlement sector programming is an asset
- Superior customer service skills, attitude and experience
- Meticulous organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills, proven ability to deliver relevant and consistent messaging with demonstrated creativity.
- Additional language skills is an asset
- Demonstrated experience working in a very fast paced, multi-tasking program environment
- Ability to work as a team player as well as take initiative and work with minimalsupervision
- Experience in trouble shooting computer, printer and phone technology issues
- Thorough knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Present a current Criminal Record Check and maintain a clear Child Abuse Registry Check
- Demonstrate the qualities and values IRCOM seeks for all our staff (see http://www.ircom.ca/about- us/employmentopportunities/ )
Benefits: Professional development opportunities. Collaborative, family-friendly and supportive working environment
Application Process: All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection. Applicants are requested to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: women, Indigenous people, refugees, immigrants, visible minorities and/or persons with a disability.
For further information, or to apply for this position please use the contact information below. When applying, please note that your cover letter and résumé must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Applications must be submitted by 5 pm, , Monday, Oct. 5 to:
HR - Selection Committee
95 Ellen Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3A 1S8
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.