FULL-TIME POSITION TO MARCH 31ST 2021, WITH A VERY STRONG PROBABILITY OF RENEWAL
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS – WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 25TH
MANSO is an umbrella organization serving over sixty immigrant and refugee serving member organizations in communities across Manitoba. The organization provides capacity building, communication and coordination support to the Manitoba settlement sector through a wide range of member-led committees, professional development events, sectoral consultations, research, working groups and conferences. MANSO acts as a voice for the Manitoba settlement and integration sector, as well as supporting our members and stakeholders through communication, networking and professional development activities.
POSITION TITLE: Program Manager
Working in collaboration with the whole MANSO team, the Program Manager will support the Executive Director and Board of Directors with planning and implementing MANSO’s activities to support sector coordination and collaboration. The Program Manager will work closely with the whole MANSO team, including the Director of Language Support, Director of (Re)Settlement and Integration Support, Small Centre Support Manager, Provincial Coordinator and Communications and Program Coordinator.
- Lead MANSO’s team in planning and evaluation, including guiding design and implementation of our annual member survey and strategic planning
- Support MANSO’s member engagement activities, including quarterly sector calls and committee meetings
- Assist with identifying emerging needs among MANSO’s membership and develop strategies to respond Managing online content with the Communications and Program Coordinator on implementing MANSO’s communication strategy, including guiding priorities for our e-newsletter, website and member portal.
- Lead team planning for key sector events, including settlement and integration conferences/summits. Events may be in-person or virtual.
- Coordinate staff contributions to written reporting, including narrative reporting for IRCC and MANSO’s Annual Report
- Engage and manage contractors as needed, including translators, designers, event planners and
- Represent MANSO on key external committees and sector groups, collaborate with other umbrella organizations on shared goals
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Commitment to upholding MANSO’s mission, vision and values
- Lived experience with immigration or resettlement, especially in overcoming systemic barriers and discrimination faced by clients in the settlement sector, and demonstrated expertise in settlement and integration services.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate in-depth knowledge of equity, access and antiracism into all aspects of activities.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in the non-profit sector.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in the social sciences, humanities or adult education or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability to establish collaborative relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, and strong cross-cultural communication skills.
- Superb organizational and program management skills, with an orientation towards problem solving and team work.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, including the ability to produce high quality minutes, reporting and communications materials.
- Expertise in meeting and event planning, including both in-person and virtual events.
- Understanding of basic qualitative and quantitative evaluation methodologies, and ability to use these to inform program planning.
- Skilled meeting facilitator and ability to incorporate feedback from multiple perspectives and stakeholders.
- High level of proficiency with standard office applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint), database programs and virtual communications tools (Zoom, Microsoft Teams, GotoWebinar). Proficiency with WordPress an asset.
- Proficiency in oral and written communication in French and/or another language a strong asset.
- Access to a vehicle and valid driver’s license an asset.
- Ability to keep current with trends in the sector nationally, regionally and locally.
- Team player with the ability to work with a diverse group of individuals; work in a team environment and be self-motivated.
- Ability to multi-task with a track record of meeting goals. Professional expertise in working across networks using appropriate technology.
COMPENSATION AND CONDITIONS OF WORK:
The appointment is full-time at 35 hours per week. Regular hours of work will be at the MANSO office from 9:00am – 4:30pm Monday to Friday, however the schedule is flexible to accommodate meetings, programming needs and occasional travel within Manitoba. Arrangements for physically distanced in office, or remote work during COVID will be arranged with the Executive Director based on Provincial Health recommendations. The Salary range is $53,000 - $56,000 dependent on experience. After 3 months the employee will be eligible to participate in the benefit plan which includes extended health to be paid 50% by the employee and 50% by the employer, as well as a match of employee contributions to an RRSP account of up to 4% of the employee’s gross salary. The position starts at 15 vacation days. After three years of employment, staff will be entitled to 20 vacation days.
Expected start date: Early January 2021
Application deadline: November 25th 2020. Please submit both cover letter and a resume specifying Job Posting No. 2020-01 to info at mansomanitoba.ca
MANSO is strongly committed to building a team that reflects the community that we serve and to representing diversity amongst our staff. Racialized people, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply and self-identify. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.