Western Ontario Community Futures Development Corporation Association (WOCFDCA) in Brantford, Ontario is searching for a dynamic Executive Director. The Executive Director will report to the Board of Directors and will lead staff to ensure the effective implementation and operation of the programs of the Corporation. This includes the responsibility of managing the business affairs, building productive community relationships, and maintaining collaborative relationships with various levels of government and other stakeholders. The WOCFDCA is looking for a visionary with proven success leading a diverse team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage all staff in the performance of daily duties to achieve organizational goals.
- Create and build collaborative relationships internally and externally.
- Support an inclusive strategic planning process with Board and Staff.
- Promote the organization and the activities of the WOCFDCA and CFDC program.
- Responsible for the overall supervision and financial control of the Corporation.
- Prepare or review and submit budgets for all funds to the Board of Directors.
- Implement accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Meet the investment and service objectives; monitor the investments.
- Prepare funding proposals for the Corporation as per the Board’s request.
- Implement Policies & Bylaws and assess current policies for content and consistency.
- Identify and evaluate risks to the organization’s property, finances, and reputation.
- Approve all expenditures and payments within approved policy guidelines.
- Present monthly financial reports to the Board of Directors.
- Develop and implement the marketing and communications plan as approved by the Board of Directors.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education with related experience.
- 5 – 10 years senior leadership experience including strategic planning and creative thinking.
- 3 – 5 years experience in small business/commercial lending at a senior level.
- Community development with previous experience working with a Board and Committees.
- Familiarity with business and economic development concepts and practices.
- Superior computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Budgeting and funding experience with the ability to understand financial statements.
- Possess a broad network of contacts in business and government.
- Experience working with small businesses/entrepreneurs in a supportive role.
- Public relations including initiating speaking opportunities.
- Ability to travel throughout Southwestern Ontario with own vehicle.
- Previous experience supervising staff including hiring, training, and performance management.
- Strong professional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated with a can-do attitude to lead the organization to the next level.
If you meet the above qualifications and are looking for an opportunity to play an integral part in promoting the Executive Director role within the community, please send your resume to the attention of Barb Fisher, President, WOCFDCA at bfisher at bmts.com.