Since 2006, Building Urban Industries for Local Development (BUILD Inc.) has been working to support individuals who face barriers to employment by providing training opportunities within the trades and construction sector. BUILD is an award winning, national leader that provides innovative approaches to address some of society's most complex and complicated social issues. Through in class training, and on-the-job mentorship by their crew leaders, trainees gain invaluable life and work experience, making them more marketable to trades employers.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will:
- Develop and maintain key relationships throughout our community including bridging partnerships with government agencies, program partners, funders, media, organizational leaders, and the community at large.
- Work with colleagues and the Board on the preparation of a comprehensive budget and funding plan, including the development of a comprehensive strategic plan.
- Assess program needs, identify funders, and oversee and monitor budgets.
- Understand and respect the needs of the population that BUILD serves, including Indigenous values, culture, historical impacts of colonization and demonstrate a commitment to reconciliation.
- Foster a culture of innovation and be a contributor to organizational growth.
The successful candidate will bring:
- Relevant bachelor’s degree or a combination of training or experience in Business, Indigenous Education, Social Work or Public Administration.
- Experience with Social Enterprise or mission-driven business operations with multiple competing bottom lines.
- Minimum of 5 years of Senior Management experience, ideally related to social enterprise.
- Knowledge of the challenges of multi-barriered individuals seeking employment, and best practices for overcoming those challenges.
- Demonstrated skill in Human Resources Management including best practices for supporting a culturally safe workplace for Indigenous people.
- Demonstrated skill in financial management of a multi-million-dollar organization.
- Effective communication skills appropriate for multiple audiences including, senior government officials, non-profit organizations, the construction and property management sectors and the vulnerable population.
If you are the leader that can help see BUILD Inc. thrive in the years to come, then please reach out to Gail Eckert, Summit Search Group at email@example.com. Please include a resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for this position.