Location: Anywhere in Canada. Remote work.
Compensation: $75,000-100,000 annually
About the Common Approach to Impact Measurement
The Common Approach is comprised of four flexible impact measurement standards and a community to drive them forward. What sets the Common Approach apart is its ambition for a flexible framework – we are enabling the mapping of impact data in a way that creates sets of aggregated, “big picture” information. Our standards are community-driven, which means that social purpose organizations can lead the way in advancing the field of social impact measurement.
We are just getting rolling when it comes to bringing our flexible standard out into the world. We are currently a team of four, backed by a talented and diverse governance group and an all-star network of partners. Think of us as an early-stage start-up, with potential for moon-reaching growth!
About the role
As the Communications Lead, you will be the go-to for the Common Approach’s public-facing communications activities, empowered to develop a budding brand and community, and committed to rolling up your sleeves to get things done. Core areas of responsibility include:
- Strategy Development: Working alongside your peers, you will develop compelling growth strategies for the Common Approach brand and community, with a focus on our online presence, including website, social media, email marketing and webinar platforms. We believe that standards are communities, not documents. The successful uptake of the flexible standard hinges on our ability to tell the stories of how it is helping social purpose organizations to improve their work.
- Content Creation: You will help translate our strategy into action through the content that you write, design and produce. Your content will excite and inspire our unique community, using a variety of creative tools, such as Canva and Divi Elegant Themes. You will be responsible for creating and publishing some content in French. When needed, you will manage external consultants, including translators, to successfully deliver on communications activities.
- Content Dissemination and Digital Channel Management: You will thoughtfully plan out and execute on content dissemination, identifying and utilizing tools designed to improve the relationship between the Common Approach and its community members. You will manage and maintain our core digital communications channels, including our website (WordPress), email marketing platform (Mailchimp) and social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn).
- Analytics and Performance Management: You will demonstrate effective impact measurement in your own work, establishing and reporting on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the organization’s communications activities, leveraging the results to improve community engagement.
- You are a doer and a community-driven entrepreneur at heart: You feel a sense of ownership over everything you do, with no task being too great or too small. You are a relentless idea generator who prides themselves on making ideas come to life in a collaborative space. You understand the nimbleness that’s needed to flourish in a start-up environment.
- You are a passionate, detail-oriented writer and creator: You have a keen, creative eye for detail and bring several production strengths to the table, including solid writing, design, and layout skills. You enjoy the challenge of distilling technical concepts into concise, user-friendly language and materials.
- You are bilingual: You have excellent oral and written English communication skills and strong written French skills.
- You can prioritize ideas and projects to act on the ones that best support the Common Approach’s objectives: There's no shortage of things you could be doing with us. You prioritize by saying no to good ideas so that we can focus on the great ones. You're comfortable setting and communicating project timelines with team members and can manage a project’s scope to meet deliverables and deadlines.
- You want to make a positive social impact: You are passionate about making a difference in the world and want to help advance the field of social impact measurement.
Why the Common Approach?
In our start-up environment, you’ll gain experience working across many different domains and projects. With opportunities at every turn and a culture committed to developing people to be the very best they can be, this role is designed for you to learn, create, connect, and grow as a leader.
The next step is yours
Send us a short letter and your resume to email@example.com, highlighting your experience producing content, your ability to successfully prioritize projects, and your bilingual skill set. We may ask to see your portfolio and reach out for an interview.
We are looking to hire a diverse team. Right now, we are all able-bodied, cis-gender women in urban locations, so applicants from people who are not that are extra welcome.
Position open until filled. First round of application reviews begin on May 6th.