Type of Job: Part-time, up to 21 month contract
Salary: $20- $25/hr
Closing Date: June 5, 2021, 1:30am
With support from the Provincial government Civil Society Fund, AB Seed will engage in Cross-Sector Network Development & Information Brokering. This will include making relevant information and resources easy to access for social enterprises and ecosystem stakeholders to stabilize through COVID and grow overall impact.
Basically we need someone who can help us use communications tools such as our website, newsletter, and social media to connect and engage with social entrepreneurs and social enterprise supporting organizations in Alberta.
AB Seed is currently seeking a part time, communications and social media content curator that will gather and distribute meaningful content through various channels such as our social media, newsletter, website, and mailing lists.
This is a part-time contract position estimated at 15 hours per week, $20 - $25 per hour, up to 21 months in length, with some flexibility. Candidates can be located anywhere in Alberta, and the position will be work from home, with some potential for office space available with ecosystem partners if required. AB Seed is an inclusive employer, and will offer accessibility support for positions as needed.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please submit your resume, with a cover letter detailing your experience with communications and social media engagement by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by June 4th, 2021. Please put the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Skills and Attributes
We are looking for candidates who have some or all of the following skills and attributes:
- Self-starter who can work independently
- Curious and interested in complex social issues
- Interested or experienced in social enterprise, entrepreneurship, and/or social finance
- Experience in building and/or implementing a strong communications strategy for a collaborative initiative
- Experience with social media platforms, updating website content, and building strong engagement on social media with diverse audiences.
Roles and Responsibilities
Reporting to the AB Seed Coordinator and working closely with other AB Seed staff, this person will be responsible for:
- Assist in development of a communication plan and strategy
- Execute communication plan and strategy
- Build and manage social media, including curating relevant content, posting schedule, and monitoring comments and feedback
- Engage in meaningful resource sharing, and resource navigation within the ecosystem
- Create content for and update the for website, including engaging with online communities
- Manage newsletter subscribers, website comments, and users
About AB Seed
AB Seed (Alberta Social Economy Ecosystem Development) is a collaborative of social enterprise and social finance leaders seeking to develop a strong social economic ecosystem in Alberta.
Together, we are building the social economy ecosystem in Alberta by enhancing collaboration, communication, and strategization of leaders and contributors working in the social economy. The social economy includes organizations like non-profits, co-ops, and social enterprises that are blending important social outcomes with business practices.
Our vision for Alberta’s future is to be the best place to build and grow the social economy. We're doing this through ongoing engagement with a wide variety of stakeholders, convening communities of practice & other initiatives on shared priorities like social finance and social procurement, developing online communications tools, and hosting meetings and events as local public health restrictions allow.
In short, we are a collaborative project tackling a complex problem with creative solutions, making space in Alberta where social enterprises can better connect with the resources and supports they require to be successful.
While we're new and reviewing our structure as we grow, currently AB Seed is responsible to a Steering Committee and a fiscal sponsor.