The Canadian CED Network (CCEDNet) is inviting applications for a National Communications Assistant to join our Engagement Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the digital media work and communications strategy for CCEDNet in collaboration with the Engagement Team. This position reports to the National Communications Coordinator.
Note that this is a placement through the federal Canada Summer Jobs program. Candidates must be between the ages of 15 and 30 to be eligible for this position.
ABOUT THE CANADIAN CED NETWORK
The Canadian CED Network (CCEDNet) is a values-based, non-profit organization committed to strengthening the social, economic, and environmental conditions of Canadian communities. We have several hundred members throughout Canada working at the grassroots level in rural, urban, Indigenous, and northern communities. CCEDNet engages a broad and inclusive range of community interests in common efforts to influence policy, create stronger and fairer local economies, tackle poverty and homelessness, and invest in sustainable communities.
- Support the development, design, writing, editing, and publishing of organizational publications and promotional materials (e.g. social media, e-newsletters, website content, etc.)
- Support website development process (early stages) for https://ccednet-rcdec.ca (e.g. prepping existing website for shutting down, migration work, archiving, content mapping, web research, etc.)
- Assist in networking and learning activities through the CreateAction youth work experience program (e.g. “campfire” hosting, post reflection prompts to Slack, help coordinate peer learning program)
- Post video recordings to YouTube and online storage
- Support member and contact data management
- Experience with web-based communication tools for organizations. For example: constituent relationship management programs (CiviCRM), WordPress, Drupal, Mailchimp, social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Hootsuite, Instagram), Google apps, Microsoft Office, online file storage (Box, Google Drive, DropBox)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; English/French bilingualism an asset
- Understanding the landscape of community economic development and social enterprise in Canada an asset
- Resourcefulness, flexibility, and creativity
- Detail-oriented, professional, and analytical; self-starting with equal willingness to collaborate and to take direction
- Education or equivalent work experience in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or a related field
- Curiosity and a love of perpetual learning, with the ability to prioritize and a good sense of humour
Location: While we continue to work remotely through the pandemic, preference will be given to candidates located in Toronto to allow for the opportunity for safe outdoor in-person meetings between the National Communications Coordinator and the National Communications Assistant and other Toronto team members. Our office, when we have the opportunity to use it, is located in the Learning Enrichment Foundation in the Mount Dennis neighbourhood, uniquely situated along Gabekanaang-ziibi, the Anishinaabemowin name for the Humber River, which means “Leave the canoes and go back.” This waterway provides an integral connection between Indigenous communities on the shore of Lake Ontario, Lake Simcoe, and the Georgian Bay region.
Compensation: This is a full time (37.5 hours/week) term position from July 5 to September 10, 2021 (10 weeks) with possibility of renewal. Salary is $ 21.04/hr.
Process: Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of the day June 29, 2021 with "National Communications Assistant’ in the subject line. In your application, please include a cover letter, resume, as well as a submission of your own choosing that shows off your communications skills (this could be a website you built, blog or social media posts that show off your chops, database development work, etc!) Bonus points if your submission relates to community economic development.
The latest anticipated start date is July 5, 2021, with interviews on a rolling basis as submissions are received.
CCEDNet is an equal opportunity employer offering a fair, co-operative, respectful, safe, and healthy work environment.