JOB POSTING FOR YOUTH – Positions start Fall 2021
2 part-time positions: Marketing Assistant
Anticipated start and end date: August 23, 2021 to December 22, 2021
Terms: 16 hours per week for 18 weeks (280 hours total)
Learn how to design, create and execute unique promotions that benefit the community! Learn how to practice story-telling to support the social enterprise sector and help relaunch LITE’s “community made” hamper. Follow our making plan and calendar set by our staff. Engage the public to tell positive stories from the neighbourhoods we work in.
Work duties include:
- Engage the general public to learn about social enterprise and the social impacts of social enterprise.
- Work with social enterprises to create event-based promotion that support their product or services
- Work with social enterprises and job partner organization to create photo stories for social media.
- Encourage members of the general public to join the social enterprise movement by signing up to LITE’s social media or e-newsletter.
- Share information n social enterprise and social entrepreneurship, and LITE’s social enterprise work.
- Promote products made locally by LITE job partners and sold on our online store (shop.lite.mb.ca), or in-person using Square. Help track sales and engage customers on the social impact of each product.
This position will develop your skills in:
- Digital skills
This is a part-time, term position. Hours will be flexible but take place during normal business hours (M-F, 9AM to 4PM).
These are learning positions: Experience is not necessary. Interest is! Tell us in your cover letter why or what you are interested in learning.
Apply if you are:
- Creative (You like writing, taking photos, or making art).
- Interested in learning how to interact with the public.
- Interested in learning about social enterprise or marketing.
- Indigenous, Newcomer or Visible Minority.
- Lives in the federal riding of Winnipeg North.
Applicants who have not yet completed high school and/or are not in school may apply and should self-identify in their cover letter.
Please indicate in your cover letter if any of the above apply.
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- is between 18 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the immigration and Refugee Protection Act, and;
- is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations
These positions are funded through Canada Summer Jobs.
Resumes and cover letter may be submitted by email, mail or hand delivered by end-of-day, Wednesday, July 28, 2021 to:
Dr. Tyler Pearce [she/her]
Local Investment Toward Employment
203-765 Main Street
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org – please put position you are applying for in the subject line.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
COVID-19 workplace protocols are in effect and will be reviewed during the interview process.