Job Title: Senior Program Manager, Adopting Common Measures
Reporting to: Social Innovation Specialist
Department: CSI Programs
Location: (Toronto - can work remotely part-time)
Employment Type: Fixed Term, October 1st, 2021 - May 30th, 2024
About the Centre for Social Innovation
Since our founding in 2004, CSI has been innovating new solutions - from being the first coworking space in Canada to creating the Community Bonds, CSI is proving that we can make change and do it differently. We have served over 5,000 individuals and organizations, incubated 1,700 social ventures and accelerated the impact of 450 promising enterprises. Our members generate $270 M annually to the economy and generate almost 500 jobs each year. Every day, we work with hundreds of social purpose organizations to help them break down barriers, turn ideas into action that demonstrate new models are possible and that prove that we don’t have to exploit, extract and exclude. We are Toronto-based and have strong partnerships provincially and nationally.
CSI is stepping up to build the Next Economy - one that is regenerative, equitable and prosperous for all. We believe that the UN Sustainable Development Goals is a beacon for the Next Economy. By bringing awareness to the SDGs and supporting organizations to track their impact through CSI’s Impact Dashboard, Adopting Common Measures takes critical steps to understanding our collective impact.
We need you, a talented and experienced Project Manager, who brings your organizational skills, foresight and motivation to support organizations to track their impact towards the SDGs.
About the Role
You have a passion for the UN Sustainable Development Goals and impact measurement. As Snr. Program Manager you will oversee a new program funded by the Federal Government’s SDG Unit, called “Adopting Common Measures.” Our goals are to promote awareness of the SDG’s and support organizations to track their impact towards SDG #2, #3, and #8. This project is national in scope.
As the Senior Program Manager you will steward the program's direction and success over the project term. Working closely with the Social Innovation Specialist, CSI teams, and external partners including The Common Approach to Impact Measurement and the Canadian Community Economic Development Network. Together we will engage organizations related to our target SDGs and support their impact measurement journey.
- Accountable for managing the program deliverables, and for tracking outputs and outcomes across the project and with our partner organizations
- Accountable for all report writing and timelines
- You will engage directly with external delivery organizational partners working closely with the Common Approach to Impact Measurement and CCEDNet, as well as other key stakeholders in fields related to SDG #2, #3, and #8
- You will manage external contractors related to designing impact data for the project and support the impact measurement of the project
- You will work closely with CSI’s teams including CSI’s programs, communications, the Impact Dashboard, and working with our animation teams to engage CSI’s membership
- You will provide input into the project’s engagement and education strategy to achieve the projects deliverables
- You will make decisions on program implementation, resolving issues or designing solutions to overcome barriers in the project
- You are flexible with a high degree of skill in working with teams to meet shared goals and objectives while achieving the desired outcomes of the program
- You bring your leadership of the project to support the team and our external partners to stay on track and oversee budget expenditures, as well as all project timelines
- You are responsible for communicating program developments and all arising issues with the Project Lead
Qualifications and Requirements
- 2-3 years experience in the following areas:
- Non-profit Program Design
- Management of Federal grant programs and reports
- Program coordination with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated excellence in strategic foresight to bring the best quality of programming across diverse stakeholder groups with a national reach
- Familiarity with the Sustainable Development Goals
- Experience in project based communications with external partnerships and internal teams
- High level of organizational skills that requires foresight, planning and implementation of the project, as well as establishing accountability structures
- Experience with multi stakeholder project design and delivery, thus requiring skills in resolution, tact, strategy, and courtesy
- It is beneficial to have knowledge of impact measurement and the landscape of social purpose organizations in Canada related to the Sustainable Development Goals
Working amidst COVID-19
During the COVID-19 pandemic, most of our staff have been working from home. Interviews will take place virtually over phone and video conference. We expect the start date of the selected candidate to be before our office re-opens. As such, the successful candidate will be expected to work remotely from a home office with reliable internet service.
What you can expect working at CSI
We are a dynamic and collaborative team invested in our mission. We are constantly seeking to improve processes and increase our impact in the community.
We advocate for the presence and contributions of all people regardless of ability, age, cultural background, education, ethnic origin, gender expression, gender identity, immigration status, language, marital status, nationality, physical appearance, political affiliations, perspective, race, religion, sexual orientation, sexuality, family status, socioeconomic status, or other such considerations, and intersectionalities therein. We strongly encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and communities.
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted until August 31st, 2021. Please submit your full application here, including your resume and cover letter as soon as you are interested. Only those selected will be contacted via e-mail and/or phone call.
Please let us know of any specific requirements needed in advance of visiting any of our spaces – we will be happy to work with you on any accommodation requests.
CSI is located at 192 Spadina Ave. - Suite 203 in Toronto, ON.
For more information about CSI, visit socialinnovation.org.