Position: Leadership Program Coordinator
Supervisor: Farm Managers
Employment: Full-time contract 30-37.5 hours/week
End Date: Oct 31, 2022 (with the possibility of an extension)
Hours: Weekdays, evenings & some weekends
The Leadership Training Programmer is responsible for planning, implementation and facilitation of FortWhyte Farm’s Stage 3 Leadership Program. This person will build relationships and mentor youth in personal and professional growth, career development, nutrition and wellness education, life skills training, and program evaluation and reporting. This position also assists in the general operation of FortWhyte Farms’ sustainable urban-based food and agriculture activities and with other farm programming and tours.
- Plan and implement year-round programs that specifically address personal development, leadership skills and employability of FortWhyte Farms youth participants, Summer Employment Program Junior staff and Leadership Program participants
- Develop and maintain partnerships with potential agencies, businesses employers and educational institutions that can offer resources, training and off-site employment for youth
- Work in cooperation with Farm coordinators & managers to plan and implement programs related to sustainability, high school curriculum, culinary arts, nutrition, safety, and personal & professional development
- Assist in facilitation of Stage 1 programming as needed
- Assist in maintaining evaluation metrics of defined program outcomes and compile the findings with Farm Coordinators and Farm Managers
- Hire youth for the summer employment program (in conjunction with Farm Managers/Coordinators)
- Plan and deliver employment workshops for Summer Employment Program
- Provide transportation for youth as needed (Class 4 license required)
- Assist in planning meals, Community Lunch, and cooking as needed
- Assist in all agricultural, landscaping, cleaning and maintenance activities as needed.
- Post-secondary education in Social Services or Education, or equivalent and relevant life or employment experience
- Demonstrated experience leading and facilitating programs for varied client groups including under-served, diverse youth, using the Circle of Courage framework for positive youth development
- Valid Driver’s License (must be able to acquire a Class 4 license) and access to private transportation (FortWhyte is inaccessible by public transit. Comfort driving a 15- passenger vehicle is necessary).
- Enthusiastic, genuine appreciation of FortWhyte Alive’s mission and mandate
- Knowledge of community youth education, employment, health and wellness resources
- Proven initiative and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Satisfactory child abuse registry and criminal records check
This position is open until a suitable candidate is found.
Mandatory proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for all FortWhyte Alive employees, volunteers, and board members.
FortWhyte Alive is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Employment equity may be a factor in selection for this position. We welcome and encourage applications from Indigenous people, Black people, People of Colour, LGBTQ2S+ people, and people with disabilities.