The North End Community Renewal Corporation (NECRC) is a local not-for-profit organization committed to the social,
economic, and cultural renewal of the North End of Winnipeg.
NECRC has increased responsiveness to Indigenous peoples by promoting a workforce representing the North End
community that we serve. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our team and want to involve all those who can
contribute to our inclusive culture. We encourage applications from North End residents, Indigenous persons, those with
lived experience and members of equity-seeking groups to self-declare in their application. NECRC is committed to equity
- Location 607 Selkirk Avenue, Winnipeg, MB
- FTE/Wage 1.0 FTE / $22.50 per hour (plus mileage and benefits package)
- Work Hours Full time 37.5 hours per week, evenings and weekends as required
- Reports to PATH Employability Centre Programs Manager
The Essential Skills Facilitator is responsible for the preparation, modification and delivery of a Nine Essential Skills
Curriculum and Milestones workshops to PATH participants, in concert with screening and assessments including – but not
limited to, Employment Training and Assessments.
In addition, the Essential Skills Facilitator must coordinate graduated participant program referrals to other internal PATH
programs or to other external education and training/skills agencies, and the supervision, direction, and coordination of the
nine Essential Skills.
This role supports the goals and objectives of The PATH Employability Centre – NECRC, specifically the development and
delivery of Essential Skills programming.
- Collaborate with other staff to ensure optimum alignment of duties and team support.
- Participate in program meetings and relevant trainings as required.
- Establish and maintain a favorable public image and promote positive relationships by representing NECRC within the local community and by collaborating with area partner agencies.
- Leads or attends meetings related to duties and responsibilities, whether internal or external, and participate actively. Coordinate and assist with events that support our programs and organization
- Empower clients in building their strengths to develop skills needed their future
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven ability to apply a high degree of discretion in establishing supportive, trusting relationships with clients
- Proven ability to work effectively across organizational departments and in a team and partnership context
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with internal and external clients
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain professional, confidential relationships with multi-barrier individuals
- Knowledge and awareness of Cultural Diversity
- Knowledge of current social issues such as poverty, homelessness, mental illness, addictions, domestic violence, child protection, et cetera
- Knowledge of community resources and methods of access
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong time management skills
- Proficiency in computer skills and software such as Microsoft Office and other systems
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Advanced training in adult education or Provincial Teaching Certificate
- Minimum 1 to 3 years’ experience in adult education specifically with marginalized populations
- Minimum 1 to 3 years’ experience in classroom facilitation
- Knowledge of community resources for people experiencing poverty and unemployment
- Knowledge of the Nine Essential Skills delivery
- Demonstrated ability to create effective referral processes with partners in the community
- Familiar with Adult learning assessment practices
- Understanding of a trauma informed approached to both participants and staff is always required
- Must be able to diffuse confrontational individuals that may enter the Centre
- Must be a self-starter who is highly organized, able to prioritize and is highly flexible/adaptive
SKILLS AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Knowledge of the North End and inner-city communities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams with professionals and volunteers
- Demonstrated understanding of adult learning practices
- Ability to maintain calm demeanor under stress
- Ability to work in hectic environment in office and on site
- Independent, organized, with strong initiative
- Proficient in keyboarding – 35-40 wpm
- Must have excellent computer skills, including MS Office, Work, Excel and Outlook
PROCESSES AND PROCEDURES:
- Maintains confidentiality of participants and staff
- Email correspondence/record keeping to coordinating PATH counsellor
- Refer and connect participants to additional supports
- Preforms participant follow-up
- Finds and/or develops instructional materials dedicated to the delivery of the nine essential skills to multi- barrier learners
- In relationship with PATH counsellors and participants develop learning plans, track, record, and report on progress of learners and modify learning plans as needed.
- In relationship with PATH staff and employers develop customized Essential Skills classes to assist in Job
- Search/Job Matching and volunteer placement program participant placements
- Evaluates, refines, and modifies (ongoing-as needed) learning resources, assessment tools, and reporting procedures to improve program delivery constantly and consistently
- Co-ordinates with PATH staff on scheduling workshops, evaluations, and other client/learner meetings
- Adheres to all PHIA and FIPPA guidelines
- Assist with implementation/tracking of learning plans
- Work with small groups and individuals.
- Assist with classroom instruction and provide educational guidance to students
- Assist in lesson plan preparation; in planning and preparing the learning environment; setting up the Centre and preparing needed materials and supplies
- Assist in the implementation of Computer Assisted Learning opportunities
- Assist with preparing reports, letters, memos and other correspondence as needed
To apply, please send resume and cover letter detailing the relevant experience and/or training that will make you a good candidate for the position to Simone Beaudet, HR Manager at email@example.com by Wednesday, March 30th, 2022
Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.
Thank you for your application, applicants considered for the position will be contacted.