BUILD is an award-winning social enterprise and training program that employs individuals with multiple employment barriers, preparing them for long-term meaningful careers in the trades. As an Indigenous non-profit organization, BUILD provides an innovative approach to social change.
The Administrative Assistant is BUILD’s primary point of contact, managing the front desk daily. This includes serving visitors and callers by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately, as well as performing a variety of administrative and clerical duties.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Administrative Assistant operates under the direction of the Executive Director and the Training Manager, and is responsible for:
- Greeting and welcoming guests upon arrival at the office.
- Directing visitors to the appropriate person and office.
- Answer, screen, and forward incoming phone calls.
- Ensuring reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary materials and stationery.
- Providing guests and callers with clear and accurate information.
- Receiving, sorting, and distributing daily mail and deliveries.
- Data entry
- Maintaining office security by following safety procedures and controlling access to the office.
- Contributing to overall team efforts and activities, as appropriate.
- Performing other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing, and faxing.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Proven work experience as a receptionist, Administrative Assistant, or similar role.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Administrative Assistant certification or training is an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Hands-on experience with office equipment, such as fax machines and printers.
- Professional attitude and presentation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Willing to obtain a child abuse registry check.
Email to Sean - Sean.hogan at buildinc.ca