About AB Seed
AB Seed (Alberta Social Economy Ecosystem Development) is a collaborative of social enterprise and social finance leaders seeking to increase the scale and coordination of the social impact of Alberta’s economy.
About this Position
With funding from the Provincial government Civil Society Fund, AB Seed will support the growth of social enterprise activity in Alberta and enhance connections between social enterprises and available supports and financing options through Collaborative Capacity Building. For the purposes of this role, the “Ecosystem” refers to the social enterprise and social finance space in Alberta. AB Seed does not formally define Social Enterprise and wants to ensure they are including a broad representation of the ecosystem. This includes, and is not limited to
- Organizations that support and build capacity with Social Enterprises
- Social Finance Intermediaries and other funding bodies
- Social Enterprises, Social Impact Businesses, Not for Profit Organizations, etc
- Government and Regulatory Bodies
- Collaboratives and Networks of Organizations
- Post Secondary Organizations supporting Social Enterprise Work and Education
- Those doing Social Entrepreneurial work but don’t identify as Social Enterprises
- Individuals with a keen interest in Social Enterprise at the ecosystem level
- Representation from all of Alberta, including BIPOC, Immigrant, Rural communities.
This role will focus on:
- Engaging with a broad and diverse representation of the Alberta social enterprise and social finance ecosystem to
- Ensure meaningful representation within AB Seed’s work and in the Online Resource Navigation Tool
- Engaging with organizations to incorporate meaningful data into their resource profile
- Engaging in formal interviews and other information collection techniques that use a generative and qualitative approach as well as obtaining quantitative information.
- Building and facilitating strong relationships, connections, and partnerships with organizations in the Ecosystem
- Facilitation of Communities of Practice, conversations, and other groups and convening opportunities
- Supporting the AB Seed team in other projects, events, and areas as needed
Basically, AB Seed needs someone who can help connect and grow a strong ecosystem in Alberta through relationships, facilitating, connecting, and supporting all the different parts and pieces of the ecosystem, and help strengthen the value and content of the online resource navigation tool.
The following skills and attributes would be considered assets for this position:
- Understanding of collaboratives and how they differ from traditional not-for-profits
- Understanding of how to foster growth in networks and ecosystems
- Experience connecting with diverse groups and broad representations, including indigenous, BIPOC, and rural communities.
- Experience facilitating large groups and generative conversations for the purpose of generating conversation and sparking curiosity.
- Experience and understanding of social entrepreneurship, social finance, entrepreneurship, investment and finance, and/or social procurement.
- Experience with resource mapping, ecosystem mapping, and navigating resources
- Experience gathering and convening groups
- Experience with data sets, databases, and data analysis
This is a full-time, contract position typically 37.5 hours per week, with some flexibility in hours. The estimated annual contract is between $55,000 - $65,000 per year. The initial contract will be 10 months, with a strong possibility of extension.
Candidates can be located anywhere in Alberta, and the position will be primarily work from home, with some in-person meetings and travel required. Potential for office space to be provided if required. Contractors are required to provide their own working equipment. AB Seed aims to be inclusive and will offer accessibility support for positions as required.
Currently, AB Seed is a non-incorporated collaborative responsible to a Steering Committee and a fiscal sponsor/administrative partner. The project is being managed and administered under contract by a Project Lead. This position will contract with, and report directly to the Project Lead.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity and fits your unique skill set, please submit your resume, with a cover letter detailing how your skills meet the needs of this position to Christine (at) ab-seed.ca. Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.