The Canadian Worker Co-operative Federation (CWCF) is a national, bilingual grassroots membership organization of and for worker co-operatives, related types of co-operatives, and organizations that support the growth and development of worker co-operatives.
CWCF is seeing a an ambitious, results-driven Executive Assistant to support the Executive Director and other staff. This role requires a flexible, bilingual individual capable a performing a mix of tasks. This position can be remote. The position will be part-time (20 hours per week) starting in May, 2022, as soon as possible.
Provide Administrative support for CWCF as follows:
- Board, Committee, and Management support
- Assist with planning and organizing Board and committee meetings, including doodle polls and travel coordination for in-person meetings
- Participate in, and take minutes for, committees as needed.
- Carry out other administrative activities in support of the Executive Director and the Board, as requested
- AGM/Conference support
- Assist with the annual AGM-Conference planning and implementation, in coordination with Planning Committee and other staff.
- Attend AGM and do registration and other administration tasks as assigned.
- Liaison work
- Assist in organizing government relations meetings
- Liaise with allies including provincial co-op associations, and social and solidarity economy organizations
- Develop profiles of Quebec-based, francophone worker co-ops, along the lines of these.
- Member Services
- Connect with members, by telephone and/or in-person
- French language support
- Handling questions in French
- Occasional translation of typically short documents, mostly English to French and, rarely, French to English.
- General administration
- Office organization and general administration as requested
- General mail, email and phone calls
- Document preparation and proofing
- Digital file management
- Complete expense forms for management
- Complete annual returns for CWCF
- Maintain member database
- Assist with website maintenance and social media as required
- Assist with organizing and/or digitizing and archiving documents (if/ when in Calgary)
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Team-working skills, a collaborative approach to work, and strong decision-making skills.
- The ability to motivate yourself and set your own goals.
- Strong skills in project management and communication.
- Extremely organized, diligent, able to multi-task, and operate with the highest degree of integrity.
- Good skills in managing MS Office applications and Adobe Acrobat.
- Bilingual, English-French. Please note that native fluency in both English and French is not a requirement, but rather native fluency in one language and professional level fluency in the other language.
Desired skill set:
- Familiarity with the co-operative model and, ideally, worker co-operatives.
- Remote work with some in-person meetings as required.
- As a remote worker, the Executive Assistant will provide their own office space. (If in Calgary or in or near Kentville, Nova Scotia, there is office space in which to work.)
- Some travel is required within Canada, for example, for our annual AGM/Conference in the fall and the annual staff retreat in late summer.
Compensation and benefits:
- Salary Range: $22 to $26/hr depending on experience.
- Vacation: 2 weeks/year for the first three years; also 5 days of Personal Time Off plus 9 Statutory holidays.
- Group health and dental benefits
- Defined contribution retirement plan shared contribution.
- Computer will be provided.
Eligibility and guidelines:
CWCF is an equal opportunity employer committed to representation and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from all backgrounds, including underrepresented groups in the co-operative sector such as BIPOC, 2SLGBTQ+, youth and those with lived experience including cultural backgrounds and languages representative of our nation’s complex history. CWCF values and honours the lived experience candidates may bring to this position, please feel free to highlight these attributes mentioned above in your application and/or interview process. We do not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, race, ethnicity, class, religion, or sexual orientation. CWCF thanks all candidates for their applications. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to apply:
Please send your resume with a cover letter to Kaye Grant, Communications and Member Services Manager at Communications at canadianworker.coop.