Pioneer+TO, a local grant program designed to help emerging social entrepreneurs develop a strong business plan, test their model and grow their impact, is now accepting applications for a $7,500 grant.
This exciting opportunity is available to a nonprofit social enterprise, for-profit social purpose business, or cooperative based in the Greater Toronto Area. The ideal candidate must be able to show demonstrable measurable social local impact alongside financial return. The successful applicant will use the Pioneer grant to take their work to the next level over the following year. Examples of “next level impact” include:
- Innovating a new product/program/service
- Deepening impact of a proven concept
- Extending the reach of a proven concept
Included with the grant will be a one-year membership package (worth up to $2,400) at CSI Regent Park (the winner can choose the package that best suits their needs from Community Membership) and access to networks through Pioneer’s investment committee, including Toronto+Acumen’s network of vetted, skilled volunteers.
- The grant must be utilized within the time horizon of September 2014 to June 2015
- Must be a non-profit or for-profit organization creating blended economic value alongside social/environmental value
- Must be a venture in operation for at least 1 year
- Must be a team of at least 2 members
- Must be based in the GTA (city of Toronto and surrounding municipalities)
Qualifying candidates will be asked to participate in a pitch session joined by the Pioneer+TO Investment Committee
Deadline for applications is: August 15, 2014