The Status of Women Canada has launched a Call for Proposals entitled Increasing Economic Prosperity for Women for projects to increase economic opportunities for women.
Projects selected through this new Call for Proposals will engage women and key stakeholders in addressing the challenges facing women in today’s economy, and removing the barriers that prevent them from contributing fully to the growth of the economy in their communities.
Elements to be developed by applicants:
- Identify and choose the specific issue to be addressed by the proposed project (for example, responding to the needs of women business owners or addressing barriers related to the retention of women in the sciences and skilled trades);
- Develop the approach and activities to be undertaken as part of the proposed project; and
- Determine the results you plan to achieve.
Some pertinent details of the Call for Proposals include:
- Organizations can be funded up to $300,000 for a 24-month project at the local or regional level, and up to $500,000 for a 36-month project at the national level.
- Eligible recipients include non-profit and for-profit organizations.
- The Call for Proposals will remain open until October 17, 2014.
Additional information on the Call for Proposals and the application is available on Status of Women Canada’s website at: