RSF Social Finance is looking to add 25 borrowers to their loan portfolio over the next year. Eligible borrowers will be social enterprises that are doing groundbreaking work in food and agriculture, education and the arts, or ecological stewardship.
Established businesses or non-profit organizations that could significantly expand their impact with a loan of about $200,000 to $5 million are encouraged to apply. (Average loans are $800,000.) To receive a loan from RSF, your enterprise should meet these criteria:
- A social benefit mission in one of RSF’s three focus areas (Food & Agriculture, Education & the Arts, and Ecological Stewardship)
- Incorporation in the U.S. or Canada
- Strong collateral (which may include pledge or guarantee communities)
- Excellent history of repayment (both interest and principal) on any existing debt
- Funding needs ranging from $200,000 to $5 million ($100,000+ for arts organizations)
- 3 or more years of operating history
- Operational profit, or a clear path to profitability in 12 months
- Annual revenue of $1 million or more ($500,000 for arts organizations)
Fill out this simple pre-application form
Since 1984, RSF has made over $275 million in loans to non-profit and for-profit organizations while also providing counselling and networking opportunities. These social enterprises include 18 Rabbits, B Lab, the David Brower Center, LA STAGE Alliance, Guayakí, IceStone, Indigenous Designs, and Revolution Foods.