Do you know an individual/organization that has made a significant contribution to social planning and social justice in BC?
Nominate them for a Deryck Thomson Award! Organizations interested in applying for this Award should note that the SPARC BC Board of Directors has allocated $5,000 to accompany this year's Award to allow the successful recipient to continue to advance their work in their communities.
The deadline to submit is December 19, 2014
The Deryck Thomson Award was established by the SPARC BC Board of Directors to recognize individuals and organizations that have made a significant contribution to social planning and social justice in BC. The Award is given annually to individuals and organizations who share SPARC BC’s values and commitment to building a just and healthy society for all and who have made a significant contribution to social planning and social justice in BC.
Individuals and organizations that will be considered for the Deryck Thomson Award include those who have contributed to:
- Building or enhancing community capacity and community well-being and supporting innovation that contributes to positive change for people and communities;
- Advocating for equity, fairness, and dignity for all through inclusion, integrity and learning;
- Advancing policies or initiatives that integrate social, cultural economic, and environmental planning, decision-making and action;
- Advocating for improved social policies and programs;
- Ensuring that those who are most affected by decisions have a voice in determining and implementing policies and programs that impact them and their families;
- Raising public awareness and consciousness about the importance of social and community well-being.